Troubleshooting CyberPanel

There are two ways to troubleshoot any problem while using CyberPanel.

First Way

There is a global error log file (this file only contains logs generated by CyberPanel). This file can be reached at

https://<IP Address>:8090/serverstatus/cyberCPMainLogFile

Improved and detailed dynamic logging

/usr/local/CyberCP/debug

Run command touch /usr/local/CyberCP/debug, this will start generating more debug logs. If you find any issue with CyberPanel, you can run this command and then capture the output of /home/cyberpanel/error-logs.txt and share it with our support team.

/usr/local/CyberCP/emailDebug

If you want logs in /home/cyberpanel/error-logs.txt to be emailed to you, please run touch /usr/local/CyberCP/emailDebug, you will get logs in your email. (Email of admin account will be used to send these notifications). This also includes notification if CyberPanel fails to obtain SSL for any domain.

Second Way

If you can not find anything reasonable using the first way, then open your command-line terminal and run

journalctl -f | grep lscpd

After running this command, go back to CyberPanel and do the same thing causing issues, and then come back to terminal and capture the output.

Find errors in email problems

If for some reason your emails are not going through, you can use below commands to capture the output and get to the bottom of the issue:

1. journalctl -f | grep postfix (For email delivery issues)
  2. journalctl -f | grep dovecot (For issues related to Rainloop Webmail)

Run these commands and then perform the operation that was causing the error, that will get you to the bottom of the problem. If need our help, make sure to share the output logs depending upon your support request.

Enable Django Debug Logs (To find out reason for 500 error on CyberPanel)

nano /usr/local/CyberCP/CyberCP/settings.py

find DEBUG = False and change it to DEBUG = True and then do systemctl restart lscpd

And then redo what you are doing and you will get the reason for 500 Error.

1 Like

and… the other tips ?

From my cyber panel and rainloop mail can’t send mail to other provider like gmail, outlook etc. but only from one rainloop mail to another is working,please help me to solve this issue.

There are lots of error and I dont know how to fix them…
Now what?

1 Like

i have same issue.

Can you (or someone) please explain in detail what did you mean by: “perform the operation that was causing the error”
NONE of these IP addresses is mine…

root@villasweb:~# journalctl -f | grep postfix
Apr 25 13:21:38 villasweb.us postfix/smtpd[26846]: warning: unknown[141.98.10.48]: SASL PLAIN authentication failed:
Apr 25 13:21:38 villasweb.us postfix/smtpd[26846]: disconnect from unknown[141.98.10.48] ehlo=1 auth=0/1 quit=1 commands=2/3
Apr 25 13:21:57 villasweb.us postfix/smtpd[26846]: warning: hostname surfacebetter.com does not resolve to address 185.36.81.58
Apr 25 13:21:57 villasweb.us postfix/smtpd[26846]: connect from unknown[185.36.81.58]
Apr 25 13:22:00 villasweb.us postfix/smtpd[26846]: warning: unknown[185.36.81.58]: SASL PLAIN authentication failed:
Apr 25 13:22:00 villasweb.us postfix/smtpd[26846]: disconnect from unknown[185.36.81.58] ehlo=1 auth=0/1 quit=1 commands=2/3

Current Version:2.3 - Build:3
Ubuntu 20.04 - Contabo VPS with port 25/587 open.

The emails are stacked in the queue with hold status. All emails. I can’t receive or send it.