Dovecot Authentication failure

Hello all,

Since the beginning of this week I’m trying to solve the fact that I can’t login with my email (on rainloop). I recently discovered a command journalctl -f | grep dovecot Which I found in this post and when I tried logging in I got the following output:

Mar 04 11:35:53 37-187-197-249 auth[35244]: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): check pass; user unknown
Mar 04 11:35:53 37-187-197-249 auth[35244]: pam_unix(dovecot:auth): authentication failure; logname= uid=0 euid=0 tty=dovecot [email protected] rhost=::1
Mar 04 11:35:57 37-187-197-249 dovecot[23566]: imap-login: Disconnected (auth failed, 1 attempts in 4 secs): user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=::1, lip=::1, TLS, session=<longsessionid>

I’ve added an SSL certificate to the mail server/domain (mail.mydomain.com) and the ports used by cyberpanel are not blocked by network or local firewall. (Seeing I’m able to login as an admin on rainloop)
I’m using Cloudflare, which I’ve already synced to Cyberpanel, so I don’t think that would be an issue either.

Does someone know a solution for this problem?

Ruben

seems your dovecot configuration not correct

connect to cyberpanel cloud and request for email debuger and reset email configurations

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.