High CPU and RAM usage after installing Cyberpanel

I purchased a CLoud VPS S package that has features like:

• 4 vCPU Cores
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 50 GB NVMeor 200 GB SSD
  • 32 TB Traffic*Unlimited Incoming
  • $8.49

I have installed Cyberpanel on it but the problem is after installation
of cyber panel successfully, at first, it shows CPU usage at 8% and RAM at 5%, disk at 1%
which is good because the installation of the cyber panel maybe it use a much
resources but after one day, it shows that CPU usage is 100% and RAM 53% and the disk is 10% even though I haven’t published any of the websites.

Pls do let me know if anyone has a solution for this type of problem, Thanks

SSH to server and see what using resources with top command

Hi @Dreamer, I can see these details after executing those commands. Now, what to do?

@sanju your ssrver has been infected by cpu monero cryptominer. Do you have a snapshot of this server or you need the info you have on it?

There is no automatic removal of this malware becuase we cannot know to what extent your server is infected. The manual option of removing and disinfecting would take longer and still would leave traces of the malware or backdoor.

Best option is to install an earlier snapshot ot the server or do a clean install

Yes, sir, I do have, but how to resolve such issues, any ideas? Today’s I have installed my Os as well as Cyberpanel.

Easiest way is just make new install as there is no sites on server DO NOT use default password on installing. Disable SSH password login and change default SSH port, change cyberpanel port and from firewall disable port 7080 and enable it only when needed.
Also first thing after install enable CSF firewall and if want extra security imunify too.

1 Like