How to install and use Imunify360 on CyberPanel

Imunify360 is available with CyberPanel v2.0.0 and above.

Go to Security->Imunify360

Click on the option and you will see the following screen

Enter your Imunify360 key and click the “Install Now” Button

CyberPanel will start the installation and integration of Imunify360 immediately. CyberPanel uses Imunify360’s API to tightly integrate it with CyberPanel.

After being completely installed and integrated into CyberPanel, CyberPanel will show you the following page

Click the access now to activate Imunify and access the integrated panel. You will be presented will a login screen

Use your root credentials to log in, your CyberPanel administration credentials won’t work.

On the next screen read the terms and condition and accept them

It will take you to Imunify360 dashboard and ask for your email address in case you want to receive an email notification for any security breach or security issue on you server

Click save or skip depending on your choice and Imunify will be up and running for your server.

You will be presented with the following dashboard which will show you the current security status of your server and the issues if there are any

From the top menu, you can use any option to scan or tweak settings. For example, in order to scan current users or files, click the “Malware Scan” option in the top menu and you will see the following

Here you can scan based on user or files.

Other menu options provide you a way to change firewall settings, setup or change your proactive defense mechanism and modify the parameters for KernelCare.

Using ModSecurity with Imunify360

In order to use Imunfiy360 rules in ModSecurity, go to https://:8090/firewall/modSecurity or Click ModSecurity Conf in the menu

Enable SecRuleEngine

Now you need to add the rules from Imunify to ModSecurity
In order to to do that go to https://:8090/firewall/modSecRules or click ModSecurity Rules

Add the following line to the end and click Save Rules!

IncludeOptional /etc/sysconfig/imunify360/generic/modsec.conf

Imunify ruleset has been successfully added to ModSecurity

It is recommended that additional rulesets shouldn’t be enabled to avoid clashes. In order to disable them, go to https://:8090/firewall/modSecRulesPacks

Turn off all the Rule Packs here

In this 10 minutes guide, you have successfully installed and used Imunify360 for your CyberPanel server.

Is it possible to use this with other OS than CloudLinux - for example, Ubuntu or AlmaLinux?

Yes, Immunify360 works on many Linux Distro
Here is the official list from Immunify360 team on their officially supported OS list:
CentOS 6, 7 & 8
CloudLinux OS 6, 7 & 8
Ubuntu 16.04, 18.04 & 20.04
OpenVZ/Virtuozzo 7
(OpenVZ/Virtuozzo 6 are not supported)

Thanks!

Since that is the case, we need to edit this doc because the first paragraph says we have to use CloudLinux.

As it is a wiki post, you (and anyone) should have access to updating it.

1 Like

Sure, will do.

In Imunify360s install instructions it also says only available on cloudlinux 7 and 8.

@usmannasir can you confirm what what is supported by cyberpanel?

Supported hosting panels

If cyberpanel does support other OS with imunify, someone please modify the first couple paragraphs of this doc.

1 Like

I am trying out the trial license now to check the same.
I never tried immunify360 before. I am using immunifyAV free.

Just checked. Immunify360 license doesnt install on Ubuntu with cyberpanel.

1 Like

Any indication of what the problem is so that Usman can address it? How about almalinux, etc…?

CloudLinux is expensive and unnecessary for most people.

1 Like

Actually it installs fine with Almalinux or RHEL based OS but havent logged in and checked its functionality. Will revert later on this.

Ok. It’ll be something for @usmannasir to look into when he has time.

@die2mrw007 It is not yet possible to use the Imunify360 + CyberPanel + Ubuntu 20.04?

What are the alternatives to have an active antivirus and waf?

I am using putty with pem file key to get root access. Then how I get root credential for Imunify login through cyberpanel.

1 Like

From what I saw when tried to install Imunify360 on CyberPanel it shows that only CloudLinux is supported and offers me to upgrade to CloudLinux.

I have another server where Centos 7 runs fine with cPanel and Imunify. So it’s all mixed up I guess. I guess I’ll have to try :slight_smile:

CyberPanel shows:

NOT AVAILABLE - 
Either Imunify is not installed or you are not on CloudLinux OS.

But still offers “Activate Now” and allows to enter key and install.

It is very clear on their documentation as to the requirements of running imunify360 on cyberpanel

I advice you always check the documentation before raising any issues here How to install and use Imunify360 on CyberPanel - Docs - CyberPanel Community

Me too. So, how users can connect when they only uses keys, and no passwords…

I have tried to install it on Ubuntu 20.4 + Cyberpanel 2.3.2, it’s ok!
And then I trid again on Almalinux 8 + Cyberpanel 2.3.2,it’s ok,too.

I installed Imunify360 under Cyberpanel/Security/Imunify360.
It took about 10 minutes to complete the installation of Imunify360, and it finally worked successfully.

I didn’t install Cyberpanel 2.3.3, because it has an SSL auto-renew failure problem nowadays.

I installed only Imunify360 is working well,
But when I built a new Almalinux8 with Cyberpanel, then install CloudLinux first, and Imunify360, it shows bellow. @usmannasir Could you give me some advice to debug it? I want to install these two apps at the same Cyberpanel server. Thanks a lot.

But I can see it’s running.

How to see my root credentials?

Ok…Got it…It is the SSH/SFTP username and password!