Wordpress: Installation failed. Error message: [404]

Type your comment> @Josh said:

Fixed it with this command on ubuntu

sudo apt-get install php-mysql

This worked for me.

Type your comment> @usmannasir said:

Troubleshooting CyberPanel - 14 - Logging & Troubleshooting - CyberPanel Community

Read under ā€œImproved and detailed dynamic loggingā€

Once enabled install WordPress and share logs.

@usmannasir
Wordpress installation failing with 404 error for any website.
Here is what detailed debug log says:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user ā€˜0slvyfBOLQAjvzā€™@ā€˜127.0.0.1ā€™ (using password: YES)

my.cnf

[mysqld]
bind-address=localhost
bind-address=127.0.0.1
skip-name-resolve
log-error=/var/log/mysqld.log
max_allowed_packet=16M
innodb_buffer_pool_size=1G
#tokudb_cache_size=1G

same issue here as @vpsingh . did you manage to get it sorted?

I ended up installing the WP manuallyā€¦

Hi @ahawad No itā€™s still not solved and none of CyberPanel team is ready to help unless you buy the cloud plans. I had created ticket but the only response I got was something very basics to check and they are also giving illogical reasons. They said to buy the plans so they can investigate on my server.

The way we are getting strange problems soon after they started the cloud services, it seems like they are creating problems themselves so that we end up paying them or switching to another control panel.

Because, not only this wordpress installation issue, I am getting lot of strange issues here and there on different servers. The issues are like no sysadmin can solve. Only the product developers can solve those issues. Because they are more like Bugs instead of an error.

Work around found: Had to use PHP MyAdmin to look at what CyberPanel had set the DB details to and then edit wp-config in the newly in installed WordPress to match that.

***** [Worked for me as well ] *****

Thanks!

executing this installation solved it for me too in Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS for PHP 7.4

Worked for me too. Donā€™t forget to restart before you try again.

Iā€™m still have this issue even after installation

@yordanssss what do mean by restart, should I loged out the cyberpanel or anything else? (Sorry Iā€™m not technical and Iā€™m having hard to understand these terms)

I restarted OpenLiteSpeed after installing php mysql but still the issue is existing. I have tried several ways to resolve this issue but the issue is as it is. I also tried to install WordPress manually, but now this time getting WordPress troubleshooting error. @usmannasir please provide any solution. Iā€™m stuck here, please help!

I also tried to install WordPress manually, but now this time getting WordPress troubleshooting error. @usmannasir please provide any solution. Iā€™m stuck here,

Finally, after many efforts I deleted my server and deploy it again, and this time itā€™s working fine. I didnā€™t learn anything from it as I still donā€™t know why this issue come to my server. BTW CyberPanel is an amazing free resource but with a lack of support. Deploy the server again is not the solution.

1 Like

Hi!
I had the same problem but I already had a website working and I went to install the second one and it happened. I was afraid to run the command install php_mysql and that would cause problems on the site already working. I found that when installing the site it does not create the database. So I created it manually and edited the wp- file
config of the new site with the data but the installation was default, without the LS Cache.
If I ran the install command, would it harm the site running?
Thanks a lot!

I had this problem also but it was related to my mysql config file ā€œ/etc/my.cnfā€

I had to remove 2 lines:
bind-address=xx.xxx.xxx.xxx
skip-name-resolve

restarted mysql and issue was resolved in centos 7

The command ā€œsudo apt-get install php-mysqlā€ solved it in my case.
Ubuntu 20.04 and PHP 7.4

Hi!
Iā€™ve got still issue on CentOS 7.9
Trying to install WP and getting ā€œInstallation failed. Error message: [Errno 13] Permission denied:ā€

Run command touch /usr/local/CyberCP/debug - doesnā€™t work for me.
But journalctl -f | grep lscpd shows me

root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/tmp/lscpd ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/cat /home/cyberpanel/6370
root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/tmp/lscpd ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/chown -R cyberpanel:cyberpanel /home/cyberpanel
root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/tmp/lscpd ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/wp --info
root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/tmp/lscpd ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/chmod 755 /home/timkod.ru/public_html/glamping
root : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/tmp/lscpd ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/cat /home/cyberpanel/6756

Please help me!

Hi,
Fixed it this 404 error with this command on ubuntu:

***** [Worked for me as well ] *****

Thanks! 23.09.21

Hello, a complete noob here :smile:
I have no experience dealing with this type of issues, any way i wanted to start blogging on wordpress, i did some research and found out that the hosting server is important; i went in and baught a server on contabo, watched a few videos, installed Ubuntu on my new server, i felt like Einstein lol, eveything working fine, watched another video on how to install wordpress, followed every step and yes it worked like a charm, wordpress was installed successfully, after that i logged in to my wp-admin dashboard to fix some stuff and actually start my first blog, i said why not buy a theme so that my website looks cooler, i did that and this is when the problems started : i baught the theme but when i wanted to install it ;i got an error stating that the file size is too big, after some research i found out that iā€™m only able to upload files up to 2M ā€˜in sizeā€™ ,I contacted the contabo support and they said itā€™s up to me because i baught a self managed server!!!, after a few attempts they told me to modifi my ini.files !!! that was like asking me to produce a ā€˜bombā€™ i got scared and i started sweating and looking at every video, every forum ā€˜like iā€™m doing nowā€™ā€¦nothing, then i watched a video stating that instaling wordpress on Cyberpanel is easier and suggested to reinstal the VPS server, i did exactly thatā€¦started all overā€¦after setting up the VPS with ubuntu ā€˜againā€™ i went on and installed Cyberpanel, it worked ,i went to my dashboard and followed the steps on how to set up wordpress, it did not work every time i try i get the 404 error popup, i said i have a brilliant idea : iā€™ll buy a new domain name and start all over again hhhh wich i did, and guess what ?
it did not work either, now i have spent every dollar on my credit card that i was saving in order to have my own server and website and start a blog :neutral: .
i realised that when i try to applicate the ssl it works but when i reload or go to manage the website in another tab to start installing wordpressn, it shows that itā€™s not SSl"ed and that i should re-do it again !!!
iā€™m confussed and i feel stupid and that i wasted my money for nothing.
now i can not get back to my first wordpress because it says canā€™t login to it an i can not start a new one because of this 404 error?
And with technical knowledge, iā€™m stuck here.

Type your comment> @Zahid said:

The command ā€œsudo apt-get install php-mysqlā€ solved it in my case.
Ubuntu 20.04 and PHP 7.4

Iam also faced same issue on Digital Ocean server, I have chosen market place to install the panel. One my three attempt the same issue was faced. So i deleted the server and installed an fresh copy using the same market place. On the frst shh login it asked for upgrade it was done, second i updated the packages and then used this comment " sudo apt-get install php-mysql " and rebooted the server. everything work fine with our any issue.