[Tutorial] How to access my site with IP address.

I got this request from someone who wants to access his site via IP address instead of domain.

By default , in this example , I will use local host file to map domain “centos.local” to my internal IP “10.211.55.9”

so by design , when access by domain , it goes to websites

and when access by IP , it goes to 404

so here is how to enable it to be accessible by IP address.

1. set up webadmin console
  1. go to Listener page , set both Default and SSL listener , add IP into domain map.

so before edit , there was only “centos.local” , so we add “10.211.55.9” , separated with ,

save and restart OLS

1. now try again with IP , now it loads same page as domain

NOTE:

it’s been said , the important things must be repeated thrice.

Let’s Encrypt and many other SSL cert vendors do NOT issue cert for IP address , so you may not be able to get valid HTTPS connection with IP address.

Let’s Encrypt and many other SSL cert vendors do NOT issue cert for IP address , so you may not be able to get valid HTTPS connection with IP address.

Excellent information; alternatively there are free domain names (.tk .ml .ga .cf .gq) available along with anycast DNS at Freenom.com which will get you a SSL cert.

Hi qtwerk, thanks for your tutorial. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. I did add the IP into the default and SSL listener. IP address still giving me 404.

Please help. Thanks.

Type your comment> @jaac said:

Hi qtwerk, thanks for your tutorial. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. I did add the IP into the default and SSL listener. IP address still giving me 404.

Please help. Thanks.

OLS or LSWS?

Type your comment> @qtwrk said:

Type your comment> @jaac said:

Please help. Thanks.

OLS or LSWS?

I’m using OLS 1.6.12

Hello,

Do you guys also know how to point the webserver IP to a certain website/account in Cyberpanel?

I only have 1 website/account inside cyberpanel and I want that to be resolved or called when the IP is being accessed…

Essa dica foi a melhor que já li, sobre o CyberPanel… show!!