How do I get Cyberpanel to recognise a newly added volume not "/"?

Hi, brand new users here. Am using Hertzner USA to run my cloud CyberPanel. Started with 40GB storage on ‘/’. Just added another 40GB volume that is attached probably different /mnt point. However CyberPanel only seems to recognise ‘/’ - Is there some config in CyberPanel I need to do to make it recognise the additional volume?
Thank you for your time and effort.

Kind Regards,

Edward

If you are meaning to store backups at /mnt then you can do so without CyberPanel knowing it.

CyberPanel only recognize / but that does not mean you can not use it for backups or anything else.

Hi thank you for replying. No to backups. Just want to have 80GB available for websites instead of 40GB. Does that make sense? Thank you, Edward

For that rather then adding volume, upgrade your hetzner plan and you will get more disk and they will give you docs to extend your / file system.

I don’t remember if hetzner cloud uses lvm in that case you can use volume too. But this will be complex.

PS: CyberPanel can’t use /mnt space for creating sites.

Sounds like sound advice. Thank you again.

I have the same problem, have you found a way? if so can you tell me?

As the awesome [usmannasir] mentioned in the solution " For that rather then adding volume, upgrade your hetzner plan and you will get more disk and they will give you docs to extend your / file system."

So adding a new Volume will not be recognised, however if your Provider offers Rescaling then you might have better luck. :slight_smile:

I don’t rent like that, I have my own server. An ordinary PC that was modified into a server with a 500GB disk capacity…

then what should i do to expand /filesystem. if I don’t rent

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

You need to follow your OS docs to extend the file system.