Hostname SSL Not Working? Or Am I doing it wrong?

Installed Cyberpanel fresh. Everything is working and I can access the panel via IP:8090.

Also, I added A record from Cloudflare to my server IP for mywebsite.com.

I wanted to access the panel via hostname. So I created a new website as panel.mywebsite.com first. Then issued SSL for hostname for the same domain panel.mywebsite.com - everything worked.

Restarted Litespeed too. Now when I go to panel.mywebsite.com I can see the OpenLiteSpeed page but panel.mywebsite.com:8090 returns nothing.

Am I doing it wrong?

1 Like

I am describing my workflow again.

Suppose my domain is mywebsite.com

1. Logged into Cyberpanel - added website - panel.mywebsite.com (with SSL +DKIM + Open directory
  2. Go to SSL - > Hostname SSL → Select panel.mywebsite.com → Generate SSL (Successful)

On Cloudflare end,
Added A record for mywebsite.com - like this https://i.imgur.com/TtwgOsT.png

1 Like

I think you want something like this → How to remove port 8090 from CyberPanel - #2 by lmilani - Blog Posts - CyberPanel Community

no. I am okay if I can access the panel using panel.mywebsite.com:8090 - but unfortunately that’s not working too! I can only access using the IP

You need to turn of CloudFlare proxy for panel subdomain, it won’t allow port 8090.

1 Like

Thanks so much. It worked.

You can add this info on this page - 2 - CyberPanel on SSL - 03 - SSL - CyberPanel Community so that other’s don’t face it :smiley:

I can´t change to SSL and still use 8090 port, is that possible? I followed instructions on 2 - CyberPanel on SSL - 03 - SSL - CyberPanel Community and SSL certificate is created but still 8090 is under non-SSL

I am locked out from CyberPanel - OMG !!!

1. I issue an sslForHostName
  2. My domain is on Cloudflare
  3. When I access the IP:8090 It not working same for the domain:8090

WHAT TO DO?

Thanks, this worked!