I successfully created a hostname SSL for panel.mydomain.com to use for accessing Cyberpanel, registered an A record for it (without using Cloudflare proxying), and restarted Litespeed. But when I access https://panel.mydomain.com, I get a browser security error, and when I inspect the certificate that the browser receives, it’s an invalid self-signed cert for www.example.com. I found this forum post, but it did not help.
If DNS is issued correctly and DNS is fully propagated then SSL issue will not have any issues.
Under Logs option inside Cyberpanel there will be an option named Cyberpanel main logs…click on it and find the SSL error there for your domain… you can use the same command from there which is related to issuing SSL (copy paste it) and execute that command in SSH by connecting to your Server using putty or any SSH tool.
I can’t find that log (the only options are Server Mail, Access Log, Error Logs, Email Log, FTP Logs and ModSec Audit Logs). But anyway, I connected to the server and checked that the cert was issued by looking in /etc/letsencrypt/live/ and yes, it’s there. When I check its details using openssl x509 -in cert.pem -text -noout, those details are correct. But the browser (Chrome) isn’t using it and won’t let me proceed to load the page when I try, instead it uses an example.com cert (I can proceed by typing “thisisunsafe” into the browser which tells Chrome to bypass cert validation).
I checked and its working perfectly fine for me with green padlock. You just have to clear your browser cache, cookies and rest options and then try again. Or else download some other browser and try to open the link there…
I don’t understand, because it’s still not working for me even after clearing cache and trying a different browser, and also trying on my phone with a different Internet connection, and I even tried using Tor browser. In all of these cases it still presenting a self-signed www.example.com certificate on the 8090 port used by Cyberpanel.
Yes I tried changing it to both 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11 and it didn’t help. And using two different browsers (Safari and Tor Browser - which doesn’t even use the local computer’s DNS settings), and on my phone, and on a Chromebook. So I am completely baffled about how it is working for both of you but not for me.