Cyberpanel uses self-signed example.com SSL instead of Let's Encrypt hostname SSL

It looks fine on port 80 as in your screenshot, but not on port 8090 which is where the problem lies.

Make sure port 8090 is opened in your hosting firewall. Some hosting providers like amazon aws, google cloud and others have additional firewall mechanism and hence ports needs to be declared in their own firewall too.

I checked and with port number 8090 the SSL is not showing secured. This is because of firewall block which you will need to be addressed with the help of your hosting provider support.

Also, when checked I got to know that you are using a very old version of cyberpanel and I recommend you to update your cyberpanel to the latest.

There is no firewall active, so that canā€™t be the problemā€¦ if it was, presumably I couldnā€™t access the control panel at all. I can access it once I bypass the security warning. It seems to me that Cyberpanelā€™s built-in web server on port 8090 is just presenting the wrong SSL certificate to the browser.

There will be many possibilities of this incident and finding the root cause can take quite a lot time debugging it. As we dont have access to your server, its not possible for us to debug and let you know the root cause of this error.

Please try the cyberpanel upgrade command and restart the server. Most of the issues get resolved with upgrade operation.

I am running numerous cyberpanel servers for myself and clients and none have this kind of issue so far. Hence I am not sure about the issue unless I check and debug it myself to understand the issue.

Thanks, I did the upgrade but it didnā€™t help. I will be subscribing to a Cyberpanel Cloud Professional package so Iā€™ll be able to get ticket support that way.

1 Like