Error 403 Forbidden

Hey guys,

So, I have a main websitedomain.com” and I added a domain under it called “panel.domain.com”, to access CyberPanel with SSL permissions. At the same time, I’m using Cloudflare behind both of them. By the way, I changed CyberPanel’s port to 8443, which is an SSL port supported by Cloudflare.

However, when I access “panel.domain.com:8443”, I get an error 403 by Litespeed. If I disable Cloudflare’s proxy for that subdomain, I can access it just fine. But I wouldn’t like to leave my website’s IP exposed.

I have tried so far:

• Checking folder permissions ([Tutorial] How to fix permission and user/group problem on CyberPanel.)
  • Issuing a hostname certificate from CyberPanel for that subdomain
  • Issuing a Cloudflare Origin certificate for that subdomain
  • Checking Cloudflare’s firewall, but nothing is being blocked
  • Checking Litespeed’s logs, but they don’t show anything related to 403 errors

Does anybody know what the issue is, or how to debug it?

Thanks!

Edit:

If Cloudflare’s encryption is set to Full, I get the 403 error mentioned before. If it’s set to Full (strict), I get a Invalid SSL message from Cloudflare (error 526).

Some pictures:

show me htaccess rules

@shoaibkk I am not using any .htaccess files yet, especially to avoid any incompatibilities while I set things up.

I restored a recent backup and I’m not getting 403 errors anymore, but the SSL Cloudflare issue still persists if I turn its proxy on.

I did not change the port because it was not possible in the older version of CP but it also works for me based on this article
https://community.cyberpanel.net/t/how-to-remove-port-8090-from-cyberpanel/30648

Screenshot_2

1 Like

I’ll try that soon and report back! Thanks! =D

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.