Direct access to RainLoop webmail

Hi.

I am migrating to CyberPanel. The speed is fantastic. But I have some questions and I will start with webmail.

Is it possible for the client to access RainLoop webmail directly?

Eg webmail.domain.com or domain.com/webmail, no need to access CyberPanel according to the procedure below?

Did you check → How to remove port 8090 from CyberPanel - #2 by lmilani - Blog Posts - CyberPanel Community

That is not my question.

I want to know how the customer can access webmail directly without having to access cyberpanel.

For example webmail.domain.com instead of mypanel.myhosting.com:8090/rainloop/index.php

When you follow the guide I mentioned above, you can then access rainloop on the domain you choose during step 1.

Domain.com/rainloop

Unfortunately, other then that there is no solution so far.

That is not my question.

I want to know how the customer can access webmail directly without having to access cyberpanel.

For example webmail.domain.com instead of mypanel.myhosting.com:8090/rainloop/index.php

You can always set up your own drop-in, standalone installation of Rainloop and direct your customers to that website. Then and there, your customers could even use the password changing plugin that I created not too long ago!

@Hifihedgehog - Can you have any post for this like standalone installation?

In my case, if we access webmail via server hostname ( name server in my case ) it works but if the client uses its own domain name it won’t and show 404 error page.

Can we do any force redirection for all hosted websites on server like

domain.com/webmail ====> redirect to ====> domain.com/rainloop

Many people dont know rainloop and keep asking webmail not working.

:slight_smile:

@Hifihedgehog @CyberPanel @usmannasir

This is very common who all migrating to CyberPanel from X panel :slight_smile:

@Hifihedgehog - Can you have any post for this like standalone installation?

Installing Rainloop to a website is much like installing any other modern PHP-based application. Fortunately, Rainloop does have very good documentation that I highly recommend you check out that can help in that regard!

Still looking for the solution

domain.com/webmail ====> redirect to ====> domain.com/rainloop

Anyone ??

@Hifihedgehog @Numeriku

As hifihedgehog and cyberpanel as said, there is no solution so far for this as its not coded, you can suggest to your users to just use your hostname for rainloop by following the guide @Cyberpanel posted above, other than that like @Hifihedgehog said, you can ask your users to install rainloop manually on their domain.

@Hifihedgehog @CyberPanel @usmannasir

This is very common who all migrating to CyberPanel from X panel :slight_smile:

X panel = cPanel.

lol

@Hifihedgehog @CyberPanel @usmannasir @Numeriku

Can we do via redirect rules ?? Is this possible?

Yes. That basic functionality of an .htaccess file is supported.

Yes. That basic functionality of an .htaccess file is supported.

Can you better guide me about this?

Type your comment> @Hifihedgehog said:

(Quote)
Installing Rainloop to a website is much like installing any other modern PHP-based application. Fortunately, Rainloop does have very good documentation that I highly recommend you check out that can help in that regard!

Documentation / Installation / RainLoop Webmail

It’s good idea…But I have 5 sites working…

1 ) If I install rainloop, like indicated, this can get some problem with native installation of rainloop provide by cyberpanel?

2 ) Case not…after install Have to change any config file to inform to use this new installation of rainloop, instead old (native)?

3 ) Old installation, native of rainloop, can be deleted?

I made modification to work without 8090 and frequently my access https get err of certificate…to me ok, to my customer this is a big problem…

Thanks in advanced to all

Maybe this helps, did this on mine, created a child domain and on rewrite rules:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^webmail.canamhosting.ao$ [OR]
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^webmail.canamhosting.ao$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ https://canamhosting.ao:8090/rainloop/$1 [R=301,L]

1 Like

RainLoop Ă© uma merda!

Type your comment> @birapn said:

Hi.

I am migrating to CyberPanel. The speed is fantastic. But I have some questions and I will start with webmail.

Is it possible for the client to access RainLoop webmail directly?

Eg webmail.domain.com or domain.com/webmail, no need to access CyberPanel according to the procedure below?

https://blog.cyberpanel.net/2019/03/20/how-to-access-webmail-in-cyberpanel/

its very easy to setup/ access the webmail with webmail.domain_name

1. first, you can add webmail as an addon domain
  2. then go to litespeed admin console page and edit the document root of the virtualhost webmail.domain_name and change it to /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop

this will work perfectly

also you can force it to SSL by adding htaccess under the rainloop folder or via adding redirect rules in litespeedvhost…

1 Like
  1. Follow this guide; How to remove port 8090 from CyberPanel - #2 by lmilani - Blog Posts - CyberPanel Community

2. Generate a new subdomain (webmail.example.com) with SSL support, in any of your website in your server (not only the main website)

3. Add this rewrite rule to your subdomain (webmail.example.com) ;

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://cyberpanel/rainloop/$1 [P,L]

Note 1: Be careful “cyberpanel” text is the text that you generated in step 1.

Note 2: If this step 1 is not possible for you, you can do it from your litespeed (or openlitespeed) panel. Follow this guide: Rewrite Rule Proxy with LiteSpeed Web Server | LiteSpeed Documentation

1 Like