CyberPanel on Google Cloud Platform

Hi Team,

I would like to know if their is a guide or documentation for installing and proper setup of CyberPanel on Google Gloud Platform with sending transactional emails & receiving email if possible. Which configuration is recommended for a WordPress site with 10K visitors daily.

Is their any Google Cloud offering similar to AWS SES else which service you suggest to send email for your websites like mailgun, sendgrid etc. If not using your GCP virtual machine for sending emails.

If their is any user here who is using GCP successfully for their CyberPanel installation kindly share their experience did you notice any performance increase compared to other services like DigitalOcean, Vultr, Linode or Hetzner cloud hosting.

I see https://closte.com/ offering WordPress hosting with Litespeed Enterprise server on Google Cloud.

Thanks

So I recently installed CyberPanel on Google Cloud Platform, installation went pretty well, I was able to install & access the panel after some issue of firewall rules, port & network tags on GCP.

After login I created a website & FTP account in Cyberpanel but I am unable to connect via FTP using filezilla on port 21.

So I added the firewall rule in Google Cloud console & open port 21 but it only connects if cloudflare is disabled & when using Filezilla it connects successfully but doesn’t display correct directory path take a look at below ftp log :-

Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message…
Status: Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.

And when cloudflare is enabled it just shows below error log :-

Error: Connection timed out after 20 seconds of inactivity
Error: Could not connect to server

Also there is a issue when i try to create backup of website. Its show complete but there is no backup created.

Can guide me how to make Cyberpanel FTP work on google cloud with Cloudflare enabled.

Thanks

Cloudflare doesn’t proxy port 21

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169156-Which-ports-will-Cloudflare-work-with-

so you need to set up a separated domain , like ftp.domain.com for FTP usage.

GCP also has a netowork-level firewall , make sure the ports are opened as well.

@qtwrk

So I need to add the separated domain in Filezilla or in Cyberpanel admin → manage website —> Create FTP Account section ? please share more info on how to do this.

While generally I use my server IP address in host with FTP protocol & Port:21 selected,
Login normal with given username & password it just logs in to the user/domain directory.

But when I am doing this now with FTP user info created in Cyberpanel admin → manage website —> Create FTP Account section .

The below message is being sent as login is successful as I have opened port 21 in GCP firewall but domain directory listing is not working.

Status: Server sent passive reply with unroutable address. Using server address instead.

While I managed to login by adding a SSH key to cyberpanel & enabling root login via SFTP but that’s not the correct solution to this problem I suppose. As I have to navigate to home directory to upload files to the WP installation.

One more thing I would like to mention, I am using gcp.mydomain.com for the website on cyberpanel & A record pointed to GCP server IP. So what I need to do to use a separated domain will it be like ftp.gcp.myomdain.com & where I should use this.

Their is something I am missing which your experience can help.

Thanks.

try directly use IP instead of domain , and see if you can connected to it.

also try connect FTP to your server on your server SSH command with 127.0.0.1 , that will help you to determinate if it is firewall issue

@qtwrk

When I use IP instead of domain I get the above message that I mentioned it connects successfully but domain directory listing is not happening correctly.

Can you let me know what SSH command to use to connect FTP to my server does it require root access !

I use sudo -s command to in terminal as GCP doesn’t support root login via password.

no , ftp doesn’t require root

try ftp it from the server itself use 127.0.0.1 as target address and see how it goes

You can’t FTP to a domain that is protected by CloudFlare as it will not be connecting to the server’s actual IP.

The 104.31… IP you get when CloudFlare is active is NOT your server’s IP. It is Cloudflare’s. Only HTTP requests gets through to your server under CloudFlare. FTP and SSH will not be able to connect as 104.31… is not your server.

I’d recommend just using the actual IP address for FTP or add the actual IP and hostname into your PC’s host file.

In Windows… open up Power Shell (admin) and cd to C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc. Then “notepad hosts” to open up your hosts file in Notepad. Add your server’s actual IP address and hostname (use ftp.yourdomain.com here). Save the file. You can now access ftp.yourdomain.com directly from your PC with FTP or SSH.

Of course you still need to open the ports in your firewalls.

This way, you don’t have to create any unprotected “A Records” to your real IP Address in CloudFlare and only your PC gets access to the actual IP of your server.

no , ftp doesn't require root

try ftp it from the server itself use 127.0.0.1 as target address and see how it goes

When I try to use FTP command in terminal it shows me below error:

[cyberpanel-gcp@cyberpanel-gcp ~]$ ftp 127.0.0.1
-bash: ftp: command not found
[cyberpanel-gcp@cyberpanel-gcp ~]$

[cyberpanel-gcp@cyberpanel-gcp ~]$ rpm -q ftp
package ftp is not installed

It shows no other details, any idea!

if centos , yum install ftp

if ubuntu , apt install ftp

then you will have ftp command.

@qtwrk

So I installed FTP for centos & tested the FTP command it shows the below message.

[root@cyberpanel-gcp cyberpanel-gcp]# ftp 127.0.0.1
Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1).
220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
220-Local time is now 14:16. Server port: 21.
220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (127.0.0.1:root):

But still when I use FTP username & Password generated in cyberpanel admin to connect via FTP using filezilla on using GCP server IP on port 21 it connects but unable to resolve the directory for the FTP user. Shows below message

This is the problem any other users having similar issue!

But still when I use FTP username & Password generated in cyberpanel admin to connect via FTP using filezilla on using GCP server IP on port 21 it connects but unable to resolve the directory for the FTP user. Shows below message

if you use that generated user/pass in ftp command in same server with 127.0.0.1 address, it also fails ?

@qtwrk

It didn’t ask me any user/pass in ftp command in same server with (ftp 127.0.0.1) command when I am logged in to server via SSH.

I am not so professional using linux commands.

okay , once you are in

ftp 127.0.0.1

and run “ls” , what does it return?

@qtwrk

When I am in & use ftp 127.0.0.1 & run “ls” it ask for the password with below message:

220-IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
220 You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Name (127.0.0.1:cyberpanel-gcp): ls
331 User ls OK. Password required
Password:

I don’t know what password to enter here so I entered the one from cyberpanel admin & it shows below failed message.

530 Login authentication failed
Login failed.
Remote system type is UNIX.
Using binary mode to transfer files.

Thanks.

I will try install cyberpanel on GCP and see if I can reproduce the issue.

@qtwrk

It will be really helpful if you try cyberpanel on GCP they also offer promotional credit worth $300 . As I only face two major issue on GCP 1st regarding FTP access & other regarding local backup, yet to test staging function but will try it afterwards.

Also I was looking at a blog-post for solving this issue but it’s regarding Virtualmin, ProFTPD & on AWS but facing same issue.

As in Cyberpanel we are using PureFTPD, hopefully you can find out something like editing PureFTPD configuration do the trick.

As their is a Primary internal IP & a provisioned external ip of the server which is used for ingress traffic you can check screenshot of VPC network details here → Pasteboard - Uploaded Image

Thanks

So I just installed on GCP and FTP worked fine.

both remote server or FTP on server itself , like this screenshot.

where you can see admin_123 is my username there.

Please try follow my command here in screenshot , do yours and get a screenshot for the output response.

Hi @qtwrk

I followed your commands & this is the output response I got check here in screenshot:

Imgur

Did you successfully connected the website directory on Filezilla client.

Thanks.

I didn’t have Filezilla , but I was using FlashFXP , it should be same.

Yes, I did successfully connected on FlashFXP.

Now , on that same screenshot , with very same command , replace 127.0.0.1 to your server public IP and try again , see how it goes.

Also , if possible, please PM the login info I will try form my end.