CyberPanel on Google Cloud Platform

@qtwrk

When I use my server ip & try again the screen shows this data here in screenshot

Imgur

It’s still stuck on enter passive mode command nothing is shown about accepted connection as visible previously.

I am sending server IP & FTP login in PM kindly check.

I think the issue is on your GCP network firewall

I can ftp to 127.0.0.1 and internal IP without issue , but unable to use it with public IP , this leads me to believe it is firewall issue.

I think the issue is on your GCP network firewall

I can ftp to 127.0.0.1 and internal IP without issue , but unable to use it with public IP , this leads me to believe it is firewall issue.

Any Idea how it can be resolved for external IP so that we can upload plugins or theme files to website. Were you able to use FTP client to login the website directory !

open ports in firewall

check that article

@qtwrk

I had gone through that document & opened port 21 but it didn’t resolved the problem.

Maybe you can test with external IP as it is required to access cyberpanel admin as well on port 8090, when I first installed cyberpanel I was also not able to access admin panel which I allowed after in firewall rules.

have you opened 40110-40210 port as well ?

have you opened 40110-40210 port as well ?

No I didn’t opened 40110-40210 port, let me check.

these ports are for FTP passive mode

on my test , with FlashFXP , when passive failed , it will switch to active mode , but FileZilla will just error out.

Thanks @qtwrk

Yes I added these ports in the firewall rule now the directory is successfully opened with error displayed in filezilla.

I think I can now update files & they will not have file permission error for updates which I faced before when I used root SFTP login via file.

I would request if you or team can make a tutorial of all the steps involved for successfully installing & using cyberpanel on Google Cloud. :slight_smile:

Yes, I think we will need to add some warning message when detected from some well-known provider like GCP , AWS …etc that comes with network-level firewall and warns people to open all cyberpanel ports

thanks for the advice

Great.