Cyberpanel delete all files and directors public_html

As I figured out backup needs a least 2 time size of website (y) :heart:
With google drive backup I also have difficulty for 4Gb website or crash vps when backup script runs to compress files.

Yes - 2 time additional the size of your website. So if your website folder + Database Dump is 10GB you need additional 20GB to run the backup. 10 GB for the copy and >10GB for the .tar.gz file
After it´s done the copy of your date is going to be deleted

So it´s worth to have a look at this if you own a Synology NAS

it´s included and without additional costs

As I mentioned earlier, if you are using the latest updated version of cyberpanel you wont be having this file deletion issue. It was solved in September 2021.
Please run the Cyberpanel upgrade command.

How much does it cost?

I would like to confirm again that the vps has the latest version installed and on another vps the installation time is January 2022

1 Like

Depends :slight_smile: on the model and the amount of HD´s inside, and the quality of …

It´s a NAS. Not every model of Synology supports that Backup. I have some RackMounted in my copany and a cube at home for private use.

A lot of different types are available. Here you can check which model supports the “Active Backup for Business”:

The smallest version for home use is “Synology Diskstation DS420+” without HD it start at 500€ here in germany,- you need 2 to 4 HD in it.

It offers a lot of functionality.

But Backup is one of the best things inside.

Client for windows …you install the agent and the Synology do the rest. Full desaster recovery backup and incremental at any timeframe you want.

New ist client for linux based installations. Install the client and you have same features. Not only inceremntal and full backups - you can get any file you want directly on Synology DiskStation - copy it back to source or download it to your computer. You can choose version by calendar and timetable.

Before I implemented it, I tested desaster recovery on a virtual installation:

Installed Ubuntu + Cyberpanel
Installed Backup Agent
Rund some Backups
Shoot down machine
Create a new VPm with same parameters.
Upload the ISO boot file from Synology recovery Agent to machine
Connect to the Synology Disc station and revover machine
It runs :slight_smile:

I tested a lot of backups - but this one is without additional licenses or costs - if you own Synology DiskStation

You cann add a lot of clients …not limited …only by HD space of your NAS

By the way: I´m not working for synology :wink:

Hi,

There are problems with Contabo?

thanks

Contabo uses legacy servers and have limitations. There are better alternatives too.

Hetzner maybe? Well Hetzner has 2 VPS type: virtual core or dedicated core. The price is about 6€-35€ for virtual or dedicated.

Is this virtual what you say legacy?

Thanks in advance for the info.

The major drawback I see about contabo is their limited lower network port speed. Usually many recognized providers provide roughly 1GBps public port speed atleast nowadays and it matters/impacts a lot in your overall website performance too.

Hi, i think the issue may be related to almalinux 8.5 i justi instaled 2 days ago de 2.1 version and the problem persisted, upgrading a get a lot of messages and the issue persists.

Can you clariffy if the support of alamalinux 8 dont include alma linux 8.5
I also have issues with the powertools cyberpanel repo, probably because of Centos EOL

In my instalation i didnt install powerdns and email services

Hello everyone

I’ve double/tripple checked the code. But can not find any remove code, kindly force update to v2.1.2 and you should not have this issue.

If you still face issue after upgrading, then let me know.

thanks.

Do you mean

Current Version 2.1
Build 2

sorry i’m new to cyberpanel

You can again run the update using 02 - Upgrading CyberPanel

Even if you are on latest version, it will pull out all the latest files.

can you point me to the issue that was corrected to check if the updates i tried changed the needed files

I am on version 2.1 lost all the files including the public_html folder. Had backups only for 2 days and it is not even there so lost everything. 6GB worth of data, is there any way to recover this?

If you are using centos please switch to ubuntu for future projects.

This issue has been solved long time ago, kindly everyone upgrade using the guide I shared above.

Sorry to infor that it doesnt look like it, please point me to the source code location so that i can check in my install. i think this is related to quota management and almalinux or other Centos flavors, please help me helping you