Cyberpanel delete all files and directors public_html

@ricardojds
just upgrade your cyberpanel dude

This is not good enough to deploy on production servers if it is a serious project. I think it is still not ready yetā€¦

Why u here then ?

cyberpanel have their own market
at my first experience with cyberpanel
i have same though with you
but after i read the history of cyberpanel
now i have my own opinion
cyberpanel is good for personal use
if you want use panel for commercial (sry cyberpanelā€™s team) i recommend you cwpā€¦ $1-$2 / month for multiple php site ā€¦ they have free version too but with some limitation

now, because i manage many website
i use 3 server (vps) with 3 cyberpanel (because i manage them)
1 cpanel reseller hosting :smiley: (cpanel only for person that want to manage their own site or panel)

acutally if @usmannasir @usmannasir1 @die2mrw007 can make cyberpanel like VistaPanel and/or cpanel (not vesta) only the link tree not the GUI(but the GUI is good :stuck_out_tongue: ) or other bloat
cyberpanel will enough for everyone.

some of feature that i still hoping cyberpanel will have

1. email forwarder
  2. Filemanager for root
  3. user themes
  4. optional enable disable awstat

and fix the toolā€™s flow (more like vistapanel or cpanel) just the link tree not the bloat :smiley:
like open new window on filemanager and other think
i hope ā€¦
but if they said noā€¦
itā€™s ok
this is their panel. i believe they have big blue print.

Just upgrade to 2.1.2 :frowning:

i did it, its still the same thats why i want to confirm possible issue with the upgrade. i believe the problem is not in cyberpanel but in the OS please point me to the bug file and line or commit so that i cant confirm my thesis

Just to make my point, the server was clean installed on 18 of Feb, if the bug is from September why the install script still install the bugged version?

you need to learn about programmingā€¦

btwā€¦ have you already update or just want to argue ?

I started programing when i was 10 with help of my brother, started learning to program in school when i was 15, graduate in computer engineering and have a small cloud services company.

I run the upgrade script, but as i said the server was installed 7 days ago, the bug is from September i ask if the install script keeps installing the version with a major bug?

What i need is to be pointed to the bug so that i can confirm if there is a problems with my server(SO related) that makes de upgrade not to finish, the files date are all update to the date of the day that i run the upgrade script so the upgrade changed the files so i need to check if the file with the bug is realy updated to the corrected version.

confirmed, can you change the post title?

The 3 vps I have are all using centos, the vps using ubuntu are all fine.

1 Like

then you understand sometimes there is a glitch when add some new line :slight_smile:
thats why i was (and always ) asking developer to put build number just like v2.1.2 build 1123 etc
so we can help to trace version and what trouble are comming when add some feature

afaik
usman was told to us that ubuntu 20.04, centos 7, alma is supported

usman and other dev team always create new version (build version) not major version
so we only know 2.1.2 without knowing new tiny update

i was told you before
i was facing this problem too and no one can solvedā€¦ until i wait for 7-10 days. then i run upgrade
save version 2.1.2 but the bug was fixed.

@die2mrw007 @usmannasir @usmannasir1 @nick.chomey
perhaps you guys must add build number. to make easier solving problem

What was the OS you were using?

me ? 3 Vps using ubuntu 20.04 + OLS + Cyberpanel

perhaps in future i want try alma

Keep up with Ubuntu for now :grinning: AlmaLinux loocks like having issues with cyberpanel :upside_down_face:

Now for solving this issue. how can we report it and how can i help? iā€™m going to try o replicate it in the lab

so i dont understand the point

The point of fixing an issue that deletes all files when we try to make a backup? i just requests the procedures to report an issue and volunteer to try to fix it.

If you are looking for the point where it happens, here it is ā†’ cyberpanel/backupUtilities.py at 7632b14c122f5b2ce72215d85ba7358141e711e9 Ā· usmannasir/cyberpanel Ā· GitHub

During copying the the space gets full, it happens.

However, as I said it is fixed, make sure your backupUtilities.py looks like the one from stable or v2.1.2 branch

If still not resolved, private message me and tag me here.

1 Like

It confirms, the file in my server has the same line as you referenced, Sent you a PM