Almalinux 9

During the installation process, there are numerous untidy procedures that require intervention, such as manually modifying the repository sources or copying the backup of the correct AlmaLinux 9 sources after the script overrides them to maintain the sources’ integrity.

In addition, I can provide the image to you in your preferred OVA or VMA format, as I said in my initial response.

No news about Almalinux 9 support?

V3.0.0 should support Almalinux 9 later.

What is the expected release date for Cyberpanel 3.0?

I do not know when 3.0.0 will be released, but 2.3.5 was just released, so it might take some time.

1 Like

@usmannasir, AlmaLinux 8 has lost extended support which may be an issue depending on requirements of the user. We have been abundantly patient and I even in good faith paid in the last year to support the project. This is now high priority!

Coming v soon

2 Likes

How long from now would you wager? I’m in the process of changing VPS hosts (from Contabo to Oplink) and if it were in the next couple weeks, I’d be down to help test things!

By end of next week consider it done, will give full dedication to this.

1 Like

I’ve added initial support for Almalinux 9, install and basic features are working.

Will test more during next week.

3 Likes

@usmannasir Just as a quick note, I just did an install on Alma9.4, wen tthrough ok, I suppose, I noticed it did not install lsphp83 as I saw some references to it not installed towards the end of the install.

Did not have a thorough look through but installed lsphp83 (it confirmed it was not installed yet) and so far, nothing further to report, except one minor bug bear, that is it skipped through the choosing the password for the admin account, and set a default one.

So all up, 2 issues observed from a quick test install.

Din anyone tried the migration from AlmaLinux 8 to 9?

Hello,
I tried to install cyberpanel on alma9, but still I got this error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/root/cyberpanel/install/install.py”, line 2626, in
main()
File “/root/cyberpanel/install/install.py”, line 2506, in main
installCyberPanel.Main(cwd, mysql, distro, ent, None, port, args.ftp, args.powerdns, args.publicip, remotemysql,
File “/root/cyberpanel/install/installCyberPanel.py”, line 808, in Main
installer.installMySQL(mysql)
File “/root/cyberpanel/install/installCyberPanel.py”, line 371, in installMySQL
type = clAPVersion.split(‘-’)[0]
AttributeError: ‘NoneType’ object has no attribute ‘split’
Oops, something went wrong…

That’s the same issue as I had triying to run the install.sh-script using SERVER_OS=“CentOS8”.

In the new version of the install script SERVER_OS is still set to CentOS8 for detected Alma9 as OS?
Is this correct?

I tried CentOS 7 to Almalinux 9 on a virtual machine and after a lot of work, I got it working.
Will be redoing it again and then running on production.
I will post a complete walkthrough after.

What I have noticed so far is:

1. I had to package and port some symlinks from a working machine running Almalinux 9 and Cyberpanel for ease of update since Almalinux 9 uses python 3.9 and Almalinux 8 uses python 3.6.

2. After elevating, mariadb is uninstalled

3. Each system will vary with and the guide will provide a walkthrough based on what Cyberpanel installs, you will have to go through and fix/remove some packages on your own.

Hello sajetek_developer,
thank you for your message.
The python-issue is just what I thought.
But a self-made walkthrough is not a good option in my opinion.
Alma9 is officially supported for cyberpanel, so cyberpanel has to test dependencies and standard packages of the OS for their software-package (in my opinion).
As a potential customer for the enterprise-version, I expect the package to run on a virgin Alma9 without spending hours for troubleshooting and fixing dependencies on a “supported OS”.
After updating the OS, nobody could guaranty the functionality of cyberpanel, so you have to fix
dependencies again.

Not really an enterprise-like solution

It’s not a one size fits all walkthrough as each system has separate packages installed.
What is consistent here, are the packages for CyberPanel and the packages of the OS version.

Leap is not a one size fits all tutorial but they do compile packages that cause issues for you to remove.

CyberPanel installs packages based on the OS version so once migrated over to Almalinux 9, the repos will be consistent with what CyberPanel uses. The only issue there is that CyberPanel links to python3.6 and the upgrade script does not remove the links and recreatee it to point to python3.9.

This is a constant so we can provide a walkthrough based on that and provide the symlinks to python 3.9 which fixes the issue.

After that you can update cyberpanel as normal which will install all it’s dependencies.

Specific to your issue: I have installed Cyberpanel with no errors on a virgin Almalinux 9. (This is how I was able to find the python differences)

Your issue is specific to you so you will have to troubleshoot.
Try removing install.sh and /root/cyberpanel

Run this command to fix the mariadb repo.

curl -sS https://downloads.mariadb.com/MariaDB/mariadb_repo_setup | sudo bash
dnf clean all

remove and reinstall mariadb packages, then install/upgrade CyberPanel

Hello sajetek_developer,
Thank you for your answer. The error mentioned above was on a virgin alma9, but I did not change anything with python before.
Could you please tell me, what exactly to change on virgin alma9 to get the installer run correctly and getting things started?
Kind regards.

I can’t remember.
I will mount up another VM and test it again and provide feedback.

Run this command to fix the mariadb repo.

curl -sS https://downloads.mariadb.com/MariaDB/mariadb_repo_setup | sudo bash
dnf clean all

The issue is with accessing the mariadb repo.
Then run the installer for CyberPanel and it will install fine.