3 - Create Docker Container

Before reading this tutorial you must read:

1. Getting Started with CyberPanel Docker Manager.
  2. Search/Pull/Download and Manage Docker Images.

After installing Docker and pulling your images, you are now ready to create your Docker Container. Docker containers are just running instances of Docker Images. In Dockers own words:

A container is a standard unit of software that packages up code and all its dependencies so the application runs quickly and reliably from one computing environment to another. A Docker container image is a lightweight, standalone, executable package of software that includes everything needed to run an application: code, runtime, system tools, system libraries and settings.

Create New Container

Let see how we can create our Docker Container.

In CyberPanel Dashboard click Create New Container under Docker Manager in left sidebar.

You will be presented with list of locally available images (along with their tags) that you can use to create a Docker Container. We are going to use usmannasir/openlitespeed-1.4.42 image and its stable tag to create a new container. Its a simple image with OpenLiteSpeed installed in it. Once your image/tag is selected click Create.

The image we choose above exposes port 7080 and 8088 you can map them to your host ports (we choose 8081 and 8082). Make sure that ports you choose are not used by any other process. Finally click Create Container. If creation went successful you will be redirected to the container page where you can manage different aspects of container (we will discuss that in our new document).

By default container is in created state, you can click start to change its state to running.

Once running visit: http://<ServerIP:8082 and you should see OpenLiteSpeed Welcome page.

Every time I try to create as container I get this error:
Error message: argument of type ‘APIError’ is not iterable

Same issue. :frowning: @usmannasir

@ usmannasir
Hello, I am trying to create a container of truecharts/freepbx image,it has field of entering port is more than 2000+, I have entered value for each port. The time taken to value of port taken more than 3 hrs.
Approx all port are same, only 5-6 port value i have to change.
Due to long time, Cyberpanel log-out every time.
Please tell me, is there any way to create container from image, Only update the required port value.

Try restarting docker service.

Did you by chance get this resolved?