What should I do if my website is slow?

cyberpanel is a very beautiful and reassuring panel, I am switching to cyberpanel from the web panel I am using now, but I have encountered some problems, so I would like to ask you guys what to do.

My site in the previous server is using a certain other web panel, using openlitespeed, MySQL5.6, PHP7.4, with memcached, large word press dynamic website can do every page in seconds. But because the panel was previously exposed to data leakage reasons, need to replace to cyberpanel panel.

In the same server merchant, the same configuration installed cyberpanel panel, everything is very smooth, but after the site is running, using openlitespeed, MariaDB, PHP7.4, memcached environment, only MySQL version is different, but the speed is significantly slower than the previous panel.

I think this may not be the reason of the panel, but the reason of different database versions.

From a common sense point of view, the old panel and cyberpanel are using openlitespeed and PHP7.4, the mysql version is different, it is not clear why the speed is so different, is it some places need to be optimized?

I really want to use cyberpanel this excellent panel, I hope you friends can help me, thank you very much!

The speed of panel backend or website speed?
Have you installed cyberpanel on fresh server?

Thank you for your reply, it was installed on a brand new server.

It refers to the speed of the front end of the wordpress site, for example, in the page, click on the get download address plugin, which used to open instantly, but now it takes about 3~10 seconds to load maybe.

I don’t think it’s a problem with the panel, I think it’s a problem with the MySQL database version. Because I can see that MariaDB logs record a lot of database syntax errors.

I would like to ask if there is any way to change MariaDB to MySQL 5.6?

So the panel you were using had mySQL and in cyberpanel it is mariaDB?
If so, what was the version of mySQL there?

Hello, I have been testing for some time and found that the reason for the slow database after switching from other panels to cyberpanel is because no database optimization was done.

But I am a newbie and I don’t know where the optimization configuration is in that directory. I found: /etc/mysql/my.cnf There doesn’t seem to be any configuration items that can be modified in it (I can’t understand it).

Also found: /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/50-server.cnf
This file contains the database configuration optimization items.

This is an excerpt from my previous MySQL 5.6 configuration
[mysqld]
skip-external-locking
query_cache_size = 128M
query_cache_type = ON
key_buffer_size = 256M
max_allowed_packet = 100G
table_open_cache = 192
sort_buffer_size = 768K
net_buffer_length = 8K
read_buffer_size = 768K
read_rnd_buffer_size = 512K
myisam_sort_buffer_size = 16M
max_connections = 256

In which file should I add the optimization configuration, I hope you can help me, thank you very much!

This is the path for mysql config settings.

/etc/my.cnf

You can try this settings too: MariaDB / MySQL Tweaks As Default & Option

This solved my problem and the speed became faster, thank you very much!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.