Webinar: Securing CyberPanel with Jovan Mena

Hi, everyone

We recently had an event where we talked about Securing CyberPanel. Our speaker for this event was Jovan Mena (@Senator ).

However, some of you have requested the formal documentation of the event. Jovan talked about following things.

• Ubuntu vs CentOS (soon to be defunct) vs others (almalinux?)

We will keep our focus to Ubuntu for now. Late we may plan to add full support for Almalinux soon.

• Single IP access
  • Cockpit
  • Performance and Security differences between Litespeed Ent and OLS

LiteSpeed Enterprise is slightly faster then OpenLiteSpeed although both of them share same core.

• WAF
  • CSF
  • IP Blacklists
  • System Logs
  • Recaptcha
  • Modsecurity
  • killswitch
  • strong passwords
  • Redis
    • tuning
    • password
  • ports
    • which ones to open
    • which to change from the default.

We will keep updating this topic as soon as we’ve more information to fill each section.

thank you @Senator for your time.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for this Jovan! It was fantastic to discover so many useful tools. If you could provide some more details on each topic - even if they’re just links to other good resources (e.g. How to set up Cockpit), I hope that we can turn it all into standalone documents which can then be linked back to this topic.

I’ve added answers for:

Ubuntu vs CentOS (soon to be defunct) vs others (almalinux?)

We will keep our focus to Ubuntu for now. Late we may plan to add full support for Almalinux soon.

Performance and Security differences between Litespeed Ent and OLS

LiteSpeed Enterprise is slightly faster then OpenLiteSpeed although both of them share same core.

Will update with more information when I’ve time.