Upgrade from 1.8.5 to 1.8.9

I know there are many threads already posted about recent versions…but there are some people like me that waited with version 1.8.5 for things to settle down.

I am about to add a number of accounts so I did the upgrade.

1). I did have to reset all the email passwords…I had authentication errors before I did. All works fine after resetting them.

2). I can’t get into rainloop…it is throwing the error as follows:

--------------->
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function json_encode() in /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/rainloop/v/1.12.1/app/libraries/RainLoop/Service.php:307 Stack trace: #0 /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/rainloop/v/1.12.1/app/libraries/RainLoop/Service.php(201): RainLoop\Service->indexTemplateParameters(true, false, false) #1 /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/rainloop/v/1.12.1/app/libraries/RainLoop/Service.php(56): RainLoop\Service->localHandle() #2 /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/rainloop/v/1.12.1/app/libraries/RainLoop/Service.php(79): RainLoop\Service->__construct() #3 /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/rainloop/v/1.12.1/app/handle.php(94): RainLoop\Service::Handle() #4 /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/rainloop/v/1.12.1/include.php(228): include(’/usr/local/Cybe…’) #5 /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/index.php(13): include(’/usr/local/Cybe…’) #6 {main} thrown in /usr/local/CyberCP/public/rainloop/rainloop/v/1.12.1/app/libraries/RainLoop/Service.php on line 307

Make sure json_encode is not in disabled functions or install php json extension (check against PHP V 7.0)

Once installed or enabled the function do systemctl restart lscpd

I had done all that already…and tested

php -i | grep -i json shows:
json
json support => enabled
json version => 1.2.1

But I had removed all but lsphp 5.6 and 7.3 (to reduce complexity).
reinstalled lsphp 7.0 fixed the rainloop issue.

Next Issue I found was PHPMYADMIN was no longer installed.

composer was installed…so I just re-ran update.py and it was successfully installed