Unable to detect your OS

Having an issue with the installer script.

Welcome to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.15.0-37-generic x86_64)

System information as of Sat Jun 11 01:55:05 AM UTC 2022

System load: 0.12744140625 Processes: 244
Usage of /: 23.0% of 28.37GB Users logged in: 0
Memory usage: 6% IPv4 address for ens192: 192.168.1.224
Swap usage: 0%

0 updates can be applied immediately.

Last login: Sat Jun 11 01:47:52 2022 from 192.168.1.50
root@web:~$ sh <(curl https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh || wget -O - https://cyberpanel.net/install.sh)
% Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
100 1802 100 1802 0 0 2033 0 --:–:-- --:–:-- --:–:-- 2033
-e
Unable to detect your OS…

-e
CyberPanel is supported on Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, CentOS 7.x, CentOS 8.x, CloudLinux 7.x, CloudLinux 8.x and AlmaLinux 8.x…

root@web:~$

root@web:~# cat /etc/os-release
PRETTY_NAME=“Ubuntu 22.04 LTS”
NAME=“Ubuntu”
VERSION_ID=“22.04”
VERSION=“22.04 LTS (Jammy Jellyfish)”
VERSION_CODENAME=jammy
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
LINKS removed as I am new and it fussed about it :slight_smile:
UBUNTU_CODENAME=jammy

This is installed in my home lab on ESX 7 with the official Ubuntu ISO installer as of today. I did not choose the download update option in the installer steps but I did run the apt update && apt upgrade before I ran the installer script for CyberPanel, I just didn’t show that in the above.

Thanks for any pointers as to why this might happen. This is a brand new install so I don’t know what would cause this error.

Ubuntu 22.04 not supported yet by litespeed so use 20.04

Thanks for your response.

Hi Dreamer, do you know if it will be supported soon?

Thanks again for your quick response.
Ross

What I know it’s ready go moment litespeed release support for it.

Right now we started work on ubuntu 22 but not support by litespeed yet

1 Like

Hi, any update please?

what kind of update
you post at someone topic
and only say “any update please?”

already answer OP i think

Hey guys,

i opened a git-issue about this, just wondered why there was none :smiley:

I think once the developers have closed the ticket accordingly, it should be officially supported.

"Unable to detect your system…

CyberPanel is supported on x86_64 based Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, Ubuntu 22.04, CentOS 7, CentOS 8, AlmaLinux 8, RockyLinux 8, CloudLinux 7, CloudLinux 8, openEuler 20.03, openEuler 22.03…"

Funny thing is Ubuntu 22.04 is in the list of supported OS!

Exactly same problem I face during installation and can’t able to install cyberpanel, mine os version is exactly same and same error shown to me, point to point same. Weird thing is the problem is stay same even after 1yr, after so many time they can’t able to solve this. Even they say ubuntu 22.04 is ok of installation lol.

29 Likes

Exactly same problem I face during installation and can’t able to install cyberpanel, mine os version is exactly same and same error shown to me, point to point same. Weird thing is the problem is stay same even after 1yr, after so many time they can’t able to solve this. Even they say ubuntu 22.04 is ok of installation lol.

the problem with Cyberpanel "not detecting your OS has been going on for at least 2 years now and still nothing fixed on the issue. Don’t you guys think that the User being able to install into their OS of choice when you say it is supposedly supported by Cyberpanel. Usmannasir has been saying for quite sometime that the following are supported “CyberPanel is supported on x86_64 based Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, Ubuntu 20.10, Ubuntu 22.04, CentOS 7, CentOS 8, AlmaLinux 8, RockyLinux 8, CloudLinux 7, CloudLinux 8,”

It doesn’t matter which version of Ubuntu I’ve tried using cyberpanel always crashes, one of the many reasons I hate Ubuntu. My current VPS company only offers Rocky because it’s founded by the guy who founded Centos and they’re concerned the large enterprise that owns Alma will do the same to it’s users that Redhat did. I keep trying to install Rocky, but keep banging my head against the wall. Anyway I keep checking back to see if v3 of CP has come out yet or if you’ve solved this major slap in the face to your users, yet since you made a modest dent in the ton of bugs in your software. I keep hoping that I can utilize your software but you keep making excuses about being a small opensource company, perhaps until you get some pro developers to work on the many problems, you shouldn’t slap yourselves on the back and brag about your software until it consistently runs well. No software is 100% bug free but your software has more bugs than Washington DC has corrupt politicians. I keeps saying that I’m done then being the guy who always cheers for the underdog, I keep coming back and hoping. But enough is enough.

I’ve tried Ubuntu 22 installation on aws, hetzner, digitalocean our private dedicated servers, solusvm provided vps, virtualizor enviroment and it works.

You need be bit more clear with your allegation. Which provider are you trying on ? Which virtualization technology is?

And If you hate Almalinux and Ubuntu so much not sure what I can do there.

But if you actually want to help, provide details and lets fix it.

thanks.

There must be an issue with the way you’re installing CyberPanel. I’ve setup multiple instances on Ubuntu 22.04, on both OVH and Hetzner servers, and have had absolutely zero issues during installation - other than those as result of my own issue.

If you’re having issues, then you need to open a support ticket. Or, I am happy to help guide you if you’re having troubles, just shoot me a private message. It is fairly simple to get started.

Seems like you may not be experienced enough in this field…?

Yes it works. We need actual insights like where it is not working, general statements of “not working” won’t help.