Unable to access files using File Manager and getting error 403

I have turned on Firewalld, CSF, and ModSecurity.
Now I am unable to access files using File Manager. I am getting a 403 error. I believe it is a Firewall rule issue. I am not well experienced please help.

Hello, have you added any custom port for access to the cyberpanel?

This problem only happens if you added a custom port and then installed csf.

The csf rules will not contain the custom port and then you get the error.

To open port:

Using the Command Line Interface

Steps to open port in CSF

1. Login to the server using the SSH.

2. Open the configuration file of the CSF as follows.

vi /etc/csf/csf.conf

or nano

1. Add the required ports to the csf.conf file
# Allow incoming TCP ports

TCP_IN = “20,21,22,25,53,80,110,995,143,443,465,587,993,995,1025,7080,8090,40110:40210,{add-your-port-here}”

# Allow outgoing TCP ports

TCP_OUT = “20,21,22,25,26,37,43,53,80,110,113,443,465,873”
  1. Restart the CSF for the changes to take effect. Run the below command to restart the CSF.
csf -r

It is done!

Hi @pryce
thanks for the reply.
No,
It is a ModSecurity issue.
I turned off CSF and the issue was still there. So, I turned off ModSecurity and now it’s working fine.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how to create ModSecurity rule to solve this issue.

It is not common, I did the activation of csf + mod by the default panel and everything worked fine.

I only got the problem with the customized port as I mentioned above, all the rest worked well. :slight_smile:

Let’s wait for some moderator to respond to see if there’s a more improved solution.

Have you downloaded and installed the mod’s default rule packs?

The way is this:

https://{your-ip-server}:8090/firewall/modSecRulesPacks

I believe that if you reactivate with steps 1 through 1, it might work well for you. :slight_smile:

I tried your suggestions and got the following errors:

*WARNING* Unable to use FASTSTART as [/sbin/iptables-restore] is not executable or does not exist
*WARNING* Binary location for [IPTABLES_SAVE] [/sbin/iptables-save] in /etc/csf/csf.conf is either incorrect, is not installed or is not executable
*WARNING* Binary location for [IPTABLES_RESTORE] [/sbin/iptables-restore] in /etc/csf/csf.conf is either incorrect, is not installed or is not executable
*WARNING* Missing or incorrect binary locations will break csf and lfd functionality

I have downloaded the rules pack and installed. But it didn’t help.

What is the configuration of your VPS?

Looks like you have little memory to load the settings.

I think that might be the problem.

If it is not memory problem, it may be absence of the package:

try installing if it is centos…

yum install bind-utils -y

or if it’s ubuntu…

apt-get install dnsutils -y

I’ve solved these problems previously on another VPS following these steps. Try and see if it works for you. :slight_smile:

Then don’t forget to restart.

It also checks to see if you haven’t changed something else from the file:

/etc/csf/csf.conf

Take a look at this: