[TUTORIAL] HOW TO MASK YOUR SERVER’S IP AND SHIELD AGAINST DIRECT IP ATTACKS | ALSO BLOCK DIRECT ACCESS VIA PORT 8090 (Part 2)

Introduction This tutorial is divided into two parts. In the first part, we apply a method that I’ve previously taught (link to tutorial 1).

In the second part, I’ll teach you how to block direct access to your server via port 8090 or any other port you define, and how to completely hide your server’s main IP on the internet. No one will be able to discover your server’s main IP.

Part 1 Apply the method I taught in the link to tutorial 1.

Part 2 Now, let’s learn how to shield your server from common attacks and hide your public access IP. If you don’t apply security practices and mask your IP, it will be public for anyone who performs a reverse search on the domain/hostname using various free tools on the internet, such as:

Before applying my method, if you search your hostname in the tool above, you’ll notice that anyone has access to your server’s “main” IP. But don’t worry, now you’ll learn how to protect yourself from this using CloudFlare to shield your server and prevent exposure or possible common attacks.

1. Apply the settings from ‘Part 1’ linked above.
  2. Now, just go to your CloudFlare and activate the DNS Proxy:

With this, we have all the protection that CloudFlare can offer. And the best part, this doesn’t prevent you from accessing your server or using any tool or option of CyberPanel with your hostname protected with CloudFlare’s DNS Proxy.

Now you have two layers of Proxy protection; Part 1 ==> Back-end – Part 2 ==> Front-end.

https://radar.cloudflare.com/scan/11309f1f-c066-4a4a-b90d-0b4560273a58

In addition to all this, now the direct access to your server with hostname:8090 or any other port is blocked.

Enjoy more security. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

If you’re interested in further enhancing your server’s security, please leave a comment below. I could provide a tutorial on how to deny direct access via IP.

By doing so, your server would have three additional layers of security. It could only be accessed or receive requests through the hostname, never through the IP. This ensures an extra level of protection.

Please express your interest here, and I will consider creating this tutorial as Part 3… it will require a significant amount of work. Stay safe! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much for sharing this.
I look further to other tutorials from you.