SSL still www.example.com

I tried several time to issued SSL on website, hostname and mailserver and return successfully but i try to access over https the certificate still for example.com. how to fix it?

I got the same issue right now submitted a ticket and the error information

Exactly the same here

1. DNS works for your domains,?
  2. Are you on the latest version?

I got the same issue
after upgrade 7.1.1 to 7.1.3 and retore website

@CyberPanel

This is the same problem multiple people are having. Can we revert the ssl back to 1.7.2 and see if that fixes it for the time being. Also when it returns the successful can you add a check that states that it failed to issue lets encrypt ssl and issued a self signed cert instead. Cause the way it is giving feedback in the control panel makes it look successful but it is technically not.

Yes DNS works and I am on latest 1.7.3 version

same here

v 1.9.3

Self-signed SSL will be issued if your domain does not resolve to your server IP. And you can use debugging tip from here to find exact cause → 1 - Issuing SSL for website - 03 - SSL - CyberPanel Community

I just discovered that cyberpanel automatically tries to issue a certificate for yourdomain.com and www.yourdomain.com. If any of those is not resolved by the DNS it will issue a Selfsigned certificate. When you are using a subdomain, eg: store.mydomain.com. It will try to issue a certificate for store.mydomain.com and www.store.mydomain.com, thus if one of them is not reachable, again the panel will issue a SelfSigned.
I resolved this by adding a cname with www.store.mydomain.com then I deleted it.

Can it just stop to use self signed it is fucking annoying.

Type your comment> @danielboggiano said:

I just discovered that cyberpanel automatically tries to issue a certificate for yourdomain.com and www.yourdomain.com. If any of those is not resolved by the DNS it will issue a Selfsigned certificate. When you are using a subdomain, eg: store.mydomain.com. It will try to issue a certificate for store.mydomain.com and www.store.mydomain.com, thus if one of them is not reachable, again the panel will issue a SelfSigned.
I resolved this by adding a cname with www.store.mydomain.com then I deleted it.

Thanks you saved me from recreating VPS and getting back with same error. I had a very hard time fixing it. I went through several forum blogs to get the solution since yesterday and tried many tricks all didnt work. I even created new VPS but again exporting database would have be another tedious job.

Solution -
Here is what i did just for the ones who are still struggling with “www.example.com” SSL issue. I created a new DNS Zone entry for the subdomain and re-issued the SSL from CyberPanel SSL → Manage SSL. It all got fixed for now.

Anyone else who lands here: CyberSobar is right. Even if you aren’t using DNS, you have to have an entry for www.domainname.com in the Zone file, or everything acts funny. In my case, SSL worked for all sites, but wouldn’t work for Cyberpanel itself even when assigned, instead it kept using example.com.

As soon as I added a www.domainname.com entry to the DNZ Zone it worked.