Site is downloading a file called download automatically

My site wpfy.org is downloading automatically a file called download with a file type application/octet-stream.

I have deleted the site and restoring from an old backup. here is a video-

Image 2019-10-26 at 4.11.16 AM

Here is the file gets downloaded-

Thanks

check your .htaccess for an add handler its possible its invalid or from previous cPanel and causing the PHP files to be downloaded vs executed.

Hi did you find a fix for this? I’ve been having the same problem> @wpfy_org said:

My site wpfy.org is downloading automatically a file called download with a file type application/octet-stream.

I have deleted the site and restoring from an old backup. here is a video-
2019-10-26_03-59-26
Image 2019-10-26 at 4.11.16 AM

Here is the file gets downloaded-
pCloud

Thanks

I’m having a very similar issue with my test website: https://turntable.rpess

Apparently this has something to do with wp-rocket caching plugin, as turning it off/on solves the issue, at least temporarily.

Hello,
did you get any solution. i am facing same issue with cyberpanel and wp-rocket.

Hi,

Any solution for WP-Rocket plugin? I think it has to do something with .htaccess but couldn’t fix it. It works sometime and if i restart openlitespeed it starts acting weird again.

Error when using WP-ROCKET on CyberPanel. And I fixed it by disabling the module on WebAdmin Console

Link: Hướng dẫn fix lỗi tự động download file trên CyberPanel với 2 bước

its most likely a bad php add handler “AddHandler” in an .htaccess file which is causing this issue which is probably being added by the plugin or leftover from a different cPanel server.

Can find this as root for a user like
user=‘Username_not_provided_in_form’; USER_HOME=$(eval echo ~${user}); sudo grep -Evir --include=\.ini --include=\.htaccess --include=\.cfg ‘^#|^;’ $USER_HOME | grep --color -E ‘AddHandler|SetHandler|ea-php|alt-php|memory_limit|post_max_size|upload_max_filesize|max_execution_time|session.save_path|php_value|php_flag’

or across a server like
sudo grep -Evir --include=\.ini --include=\.htaccess --include=\.cfg ‘^#|^;’ /home| grep -Ev ‘11211|memory_limit 1024M|memory_limit = 1024M|upload_max_filesize 150M|upload_max_filesize = 150M|max_execution_time = 300|post_max_size 256M|post_max_size = 256M|php_value max_execution_time 300|virtfs|language|include_path|extension_dir’| grep --color -E ‘AddHandler|SetHandler|ea-php|memory_limit|post_max_size|upload_max_filesize|max_execution_time|session.save_path|php_value|php_flag’

Can find all these commands and more in the WizardAssistant app which has all of the cyberpanel CLI and tons of other handy goodies for troubleshooting stuff like this

https://wizardassistant.com/

videos here

Hopefully that was helpful