SFTP Backups: Host found in known_hosts but still cannot connect to remove server

Hello guys, I’m trying to add an SFTP destination to backup and it doesn’t work.

At first I thought it was a problem on my side or on the SFTP server side, but that is not the case.

I tested 3 different service servers on 3 Cyberpanel installations on 3 different VPS on different providers and still does not connect.

What’s the secret or magic to make this work? Did anyone make it? :slight_smile:

It doesn’t make sense, I look at the errors and logs and it looks like it’s trying a ssh key connection, but that doesn’t make sense on server that doesn’t require it. :slight_smile:

I also looked at some histfacts here on the forum and this seems to be a problem years ago and that hasn’t been fixed, there’s not even an answer in the posts. :slight_smile:

I don’t know exactly what could be preventing that connection. This should be a simple connection, because even any local software here on my desktop makes that connection quickly, on the server this should be even more functional.

Hello @pryce

You missed the point. SFTP is a subsystem/component of ssh meaning its is set to use ssh authentication by default.

It really is an error of the integration of the system of backups of the cyberpanel, I just released direct access to a server of mine and completely deactivated all the security of all firewall, and still does not connect. :slight_smile:

Well, let’s wait and see if this is fixed with the next update, after all it looks like this is the focus “backups”. :slight_smile:

You should open a GitHub issue for this so that it can be prioritized

Yes and I did all the options, does not connect in any way. Did you get it there?

Add your issues to this topic CyberPanel Backups v2 Proposal Make sure to include the screenshots and a proper detail of what you did

Yes I understood what you meant, but I refer to that it is not connecting with IP/HOST + password, it seems that tries a ssh key. And there is no way this is possible, because the target does not provide ssh key, but rather the password and IP/HOST connection. :slight_smile:

I use RClone backups via terminal GitHub - josephgodwinkimani/cyberpanel: Nitpicked version of CyberP with new features focusing on Security, Stability and Reliability only. essentially I use a fork of the original source. Let’s wait for the amazing job Usman and the team is doing.

But you can push all backups via terminal using SFTP or use a software like Bitvise. Once you log into ssh you can switch tabs to sftp and move files from backups to google drive if your prefer a manual approach.

I’m trying something like that, I’ll try to do rsync submissions…

https://docs.hetzner.com/robot/storage-box/access/access-ssh-rsync-borg

Basically I will create backup tasks, and create cron to run 20 minutes after each task, this should take the files from the absolute path and send to the box. I’ll see how it works. :slight_smile:

But let’s see if in the next update, the backups get better. Because it makes no sense to use “web panel” if we have to do all the basic processes manually.

But the truth is, I’m enjoying getting in control of things, so I still insist on opensource, and at this point the cyberpanel is the best of all other opensource.

Let’s try, I want to learn more. :slight_smile: