Remote MySQL

I was thinking about how I might accomplish some clustering with cyberpanel. Digitalocean has a load balancer feature that can handle that part. I think linode does too.

I think it would work to simply install cyberpanel on multiple servers. Then duplicate the website’s files across them (Could use rsync). You would want 1 dedicated MySQL server. You could already do this without a new feature by connecting to the remote MySQL server in your scripts/wordpress/whatever but better if CyberPanel can do it. That way, you can disable the secondary MariaDB server (Or never install it in the first place) and backups & phpmyadmin will work.

So the feature request would be (Easiest way): Option during install - There are already 2 options (Single MySQL or 2 MySQL servers). This would add a third option: CyberPanel MySQL + Remote MySQL. Cyberpanel would still have MariaDB running locally for the panel but for the web sites, it would connect to the remote server. User will specify IP, username, password.

I believe this will require no extra programming except the addition to the installer since the class to connect is the same (Probably). Should just be a matter of making hosting account mysql connection details a variable set at install time.

Then we can start making HTTP clusters. Thanks for your consideration.

So i need to remote MariaDB manage large DB…PHPadmin is “mission impossible” manage large DBs

Any news here?

Can you explain how precisely?

Why is there no MySQL configuration in /etc/my.cnf? Where is the real configuration file?

Create how?

Can’t run mysqltuner because doesn’t let me authenticate.

Please enter your MySQL administrative login: root
Please enter your MySQL administrative password: [!!] Attempted to use login credentials, but they were invalid.

The password I used is correct because login with mysql it works.

Sure

@fliva said:
Can you explain how precisely?

I think you can find the bind-address here
vim /etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf

Solved using SSH tunnel

Type your comment> @fliva said:

Solved using SSH tunnel

How you solved pelase.

Remote mysql (at least for Amazon RDS) is fixed by Usman during installation on v2.0.3-dev version, it works mighty fine.