Redis php extension not shown in list

I have just installed the latest version of Cyberpanel in an Ubuntu 20.04 server. A default website has been set up for host SSL.

I wanted to set up Redis so I installed & activated Redis via

Manage Services > Applications

But when I go to

PHP > Install Extensions

“lsphpXX-pecl-redis” is not in the list (tried with all the available PHP versions). As a matter of fact, no “pecl” packages are available or shown in the list.

Running “apt install lsphp80-pecl-redis” returns the following:

E: Unable to locate package lsphp80-pecl-redis

And running “apt install lsphp80-redis” returns the following:

lsphp80-redis is already the newest version (5.3.4-1+focal).

What is the cause for the missing extensions and how can I fix it?

UPDATE: Tried installing CyberPanel on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 server and the extensions are missing on this one as well.

OK. I will check tomorrow and revert.

@usmannasir I tried reinstalling it with no Postfix, DNS or FTP hoping it’ll somehow help but the issue persists. What could be causing this?

root@ip-172-31-34-208:~# apt-cache search redis
coturn - TURN and STUN server for VoIP
lsphp72-redis - PHP extension for interfacing with Redis
lsphp73-redis - PHP extension for interfacing with Redis
lsphp74-redis - PHP extension for interfacing with Redis
root@ip-172-31-34-208:~#

It seems it is available for PHP 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 on Ubuntu, run the same command on Ubuntu 18. You can find and install the package but so far I don’t see redis extension for PHP 8.0 by in LiteSpeed repo.

So redis is only available in PHP 7.2, 7.3 and 7.4 and just for Ubuntu 18.04 right now? Let me check and confirm.

@usmannasir I installed CyberPanel on a fresh Ubuntu 18.04 server, created a website with PHP 7.4 and issued a hostname ssl. Everything seems to be working fine so far but when I repeat the steps above i.e.

Installed & activated Redis via

Manage Services > Applications

But when I go to

PHP > Install Extensions

“lsphpXX-pecl-redis” is not in the list (tried with all the available PHP versions). As a matter of fact, no “pecl” packages are available or shown in the list.

Running “apt install lsphp80-pecl-redis” returns the following:

E: Unable to locate package lsphp80-pecl-redis

And running “apt install lsphp80-redis” returns the following:

lsphp80-redis is already the newest version (5.3.4-1+focal).

It seems redis extension is already installed. You also need to install redis daemon.

RESOLVED: I reinstalled CyberPanel on a fresh Ubuntu system and chose “No” for Redis during installation. I then manually installed and configured Redis via the terminal afterwards and it seems to be working fine now. Will update if I find any issue with this approach.

i have same issue

Whats issue ? how ? better to create new thread… :slight_smile: