Recommended ModSecurity Rules?

I’m just wondering what are the best rules that we can use in ModSecurity, not so agressive and not so soft. Also allow Google Bots and other things that may needed…

I see that the default one which CP is coming is :

SecRule ARGS “../” “t:normalisePathWin,id:99999,severity:4,msg:‘Drive Access’ ,log,auditlog,deny”,

But we can’t even save that since there is a small bug which is not allowing to save that… But still i don’t know if this is the best way for rules.

4 - Mod Security Rules Packages

did you not know about the rules pack i linked above ? comes shipped with owasp rules pack.

noted, but better use rules pack.

You won’t be able to write rules on your own.

1 Like

did you put the last , there by mistake or was it there ?

It was there that’s why i asked, should i remove and click save?

Yes but it should not be there.

Can you upgrade to v2.3.5-dev and see? as I pushed a commit.

I am very affraid to do that because it may break things and i’m in a production server. But i can do if there is no risk if something go bad to revert back as it is at the moment?

Unfortunately i can’t even do server snapshots because dedicated server doesn’t have any option to do that and the only backups that i have is websites. But if somethings messed up i need more than 1 day to make things as they are :smiley: :smiley:

But i said, if there is any way to revert if something bad happens while upgrading just tell me and i am happy to test it.

Note, i manually deleted the , at the end so i can’t put it back though and to test the last commit

Alright, you can wait for its official release no problem.