Rainloop permission denied to access data folder

I’ve setup rainloop to correctly send and receive emails, everything is working good. I am on the latest version of CyberPanel, Ubuntu 18.04 and using litespeed ent.

I’m setting a site up for a client and I would like for rainloop to be accessed from the mail.example.com subdomain as a standalone web app. My mail child domain is all set up, SSL set up OK.

I extracted latest rainloop, same version as one currently packaged with CyberPanel to the mail domain. Deleted the data folder and setup the include.php file to use the same custom data path used in the current setup of CyberPanel, that is, pointing to $sCustomDataPath = ‘/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel/rainloop/data’;

Now of course, when I open mail.example.com, I get a permission denied error. RainLoop Webmail cannot access to the data folder “/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel/rainloop/data/”

I’m thinking it may have something to do with the data folder being outside the document root of mail.example.com which is under /home/example.com/public_html/mail.example.com

But the data folder is also outside the document root of rainloop in the current CyberPanel setup so I figured there is some config I am missing which would allow me to access that folder from mail.example.com.

I’ve tried several alias and directory configs in the virtual host conf of mail.example.com but so far no success.

Turn off open_basedir for that domain, be aware that this is a security risk.

@Numeriku thanks; however, open_basedir is not enabled for the domain. How does CyberPanel make this work anyway because they reference the same folder but it is outside rainloop’s document root?

Any help on this?

@alhabsyamar said:

Any help on this?

Hello, got the same issue, have you find the solution since ?