PowerDNS won't start

I make some notes here to help other people who might have the same issue with me.

I have a problem with PowerDNS. In the web panel service, I saw that it’s stopped. Pressed play to start and the status said it’s starting but it’s still stop.

Using SSH, I use systemctl start pdns and got this error:
Job for pdns.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See “systemctl status pdns.service” and “journalctl -xe” for details.

So, I open the journalct -xe and found out the error:
Unable to bind UDP socket to ‘0.0.0.0:53’: Address already in use

If you find that error, try this code:
systemctl stop systemd-resolved.service

then start your pdns again:
systemctl start pdns

It should have start normally now. Hope that helps…

1 Like

the same problem happened to me, I’ve tried upgrading to 2.0.3 the problem remains the same. can help me?

I didn’t find any recent traces. can you help me via private message? because this is used on a production server. this problem must be resolved immediately. :frowning:

Sep 23 12:30:07 server systemd[6063]: Failed at step CAPABILITIES spawning /usr/sbin/pdns_server: Invalid argument
Sep 23 12:30:07 server systemd[1]: pdns.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=218/CAPABILITIES
Sep 23 12:30:07 server systemd[1]: Failed to start PowerDNS Authoritative Server.
Sep 23 12:30:07 server systemd[1]: Unit pdns.service entered failed state.
Sep 23 12:30:07 server systemd[1]: pdns.service failed.
Sep 23 12:30:08 server systemd[1]: pdns.service holdoff time over, scheduling restart.
Sep 23 12:30:08 server systemd[1]: Stopped PowerDNS Authoritative Server.
Sep 23 12:30:08 server systemd[1]: Starting PowerDNS Authoritative Server…
Sep 23 12:30:08 server systemd[6072]: Failed at step CAPABILITIES spawning /usr/sbin/pdns_server: Invalid argument
Sep 23 12:30:09 server systemd[1]: pdns.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=218/CAPABILITIES
Sep 23 12:30:09 server systemd[1]: Failed to start PowerDNS Authoritative Server.

thanks you for help henna

Same problem what is the solution?
Failed at step CAPABILITIES spawning /usr/sbin/pdns_server: Invalid argument

After trying to upgrade Cyberpanel from 2.0 built 2 to 2.0 built 3 my PowerDNS stopped working.
Any help will much appreciated.

the issue is resolved
thanks