Sorry to hear this. My only guess is that it is from the latest update to OLS. You might try asking in their forums/Slack about this.
You could also check the actual vhost files that are stored in /usr/local/lsws/conf/vhosts/<Domain>
You might also consider setting up a fresh vps instance and then comparing file details (ownership etc…) between the two. Or, just backup your web applications and redeploy them on a new instance. I recently learned how to set up a shell script for automatically configuring a new vps, so it is extremely easy to deploy a new server if I’ve broken something.
Thanks for the ideas.
I already checked the ownership of /home files and folders. All are according to the vhosts files.
I also verified the /usr/local/lsws/vhosts/ and ownership is lsadm:nobody.
I compared folders/files ownership with another cyberpanel server and are the same.
A particularity is that this problematic server runs on Cloudlinux with CageFS, other on CentOS.
Checked LSWS basic configs and compared them with the other server and everything was the same.
Now if something messed up LSWL access to the /home dir is over my knowledge and need deep investigation. Something for sure is wrong.
Though, presumably it was working prior to the update, so that’s probably not it. I’d just rebuild a new vps and deploy your webapp backups there. And, if your host has the capability for backups/snapshots, start using them before running a system update.
Hi Nick, indeed CL is converted some time ago, more than 2 years and it was running smooth.
Of course, I do not keep a production server down so much time, I restored the previous day server’s snapshot immediate.
But also I take a snapshot of the corrupted variant and deployed a new vps with that to investigate the cause of the problem. More knowledge is always better
Glad you have the backup running fine. As part of your investigation, it would be worth doing what I suggested - deploy a brand new vps instnace, install cyberpanel, ols etc… Install your web app backups and see if it all works. If so, it’s not a problem with the updated software itself