Normal user can't create website

Hello,
Thanks for awesome Panel. Right now it needs very improvement. The “Normal User” can’t create a “website” from their panel but admin can. So, please fix the bug.

Admin panel:

User panel:

Also, main login page language does not set “English” by default.

Also, user’s can’t modify the user information:
https://prnt.sc/j3n3a7

Regards.

@murshed said:
Hello,
Thanks for awesome Panel. Right now it needs very improvement. The “Normal User” can’t create a “website” from their panel but admin can. So, please fix the bug.

Admin panel:

User panel:

Also, main login page language does not set “English” by default.

Also, user’s can’t modify the user information:
https://prnt.sc/j3n3a7

Regards.

Create main domain with admin account. It’s the same as cpanel or directadmin. User can add domains in the panel

Sorry. My English not good.

I think you didn’t get my point.

For example: I have created “User1” by Admin.

Now login “User1” then the “User1” can’t create the website. Got it :slight_smile: ?

@murshed said:

Now login “User1” then the “User1” can’t create the website. Got it :slight_smile: ?

This is not a bug. Admin needs to create the website for the user.

@murshed said:

USER1 can add domain

@datpde said:

USER1 can add domain

WRONG!

Add domain and create a website are different.

Add domain means: add few domains under a website not own path like

/home/domain.com/public_html/domain1/
/home/domain.com/public_html/domain2/
/home/domain.com/public_html/domain3/

So it should be

/home/user/domain's/public_html

or

/home/user/domain's.com/

Note:
Addon domains allow you to control multiple domains from a single account. An addon domain links a new domain name to a directory in your account, and then stores its files in that directory.

and

Add domain like this:

Domain aliases are domains that you own, but which do not contain any content. Instead, they point to the contents of another domain or subdomain on your account. This is useful, for example, to hold a domain that you will later sell, or to redirect traffic to another domain.

Hope you clear what I want to say :slight_smile:

@datpde said:

USER1 can add domain

WRONG!

Add domain and create a website are different.

Add domain means: add few domains under a website not own path like

`/home/domain.com/public_html/domain1/`
`/home/domain.com/public_html/domain2/`
`/home/domain.com/public_html/domain3/`

So it should be

`/home/user/domain's/public_html`

or

`/home/user/domain's.com/`

Note:
Addon domains allow you to control multiple domains from a single account. An addon domain links a new domain name to a directory in your account, and then stores its files in that directory.

and

Add domain like this:

Domain aliases are domains that you own, but which do not contain any content. Instead, they point to the contents of another domain or subdomain on your account. This is useful, for example, to hold a domain that you will later sell, or to redirect traffic to another domain.

Hope you clear what I want to say :)

Yes you are right. Linux is based on users’ home directories and should look like this:
/home/user1/domain.ltd/public_html
/home/user2/domain.ltd/public_html and <code class="CodeInline">/home/user1/domain.ltd/public_html/domainx.ltd /home/user2/domain.ltd/public_html/domainx.ltd2
Currently, there is a mess and there is no security and ssh access for users because they are not there.

@Nencio

Let me clear some doubt for you, and explain why it is like this.

1. CyberPanel follows PHPSuExec model, and every website runs under its own user.
  2. Child domains are created under the master domains directory because of the fact that they are a child to their master domains so that they can execute with the same user as master domain PHPSuExec user.
  3. Third, if you want to strictly contain websites/child-domains within their doc root you can use open_basedir: 3 - open_basedir Protection - 08 - Server - CyberPanel Community
  4. If you want different paths then you need to create websites and avoid child domains.
  5. This model may not suit your needs, but it is best for general purpose and security.

Users that CyberPanel create have SSH access disabled by default, but the web server uses those users to run PHP websites under their own users. File manager also uses the same respective user so that they won’t be any permissions issues later.

KInd Regards

I have been using various Linux distributions for 15 years every day and every distribution recommends and even enforces the structure /home/user/ … Kloxo, VestaCP, CentOS Web Panel, ISPConfig, Direct Admin, etc. adheres to such a solution because it is secure, helps to keep order and order. Create 5 users and 30 domains for them you will see what disorder will happen.
Using linux about once a year other administrative panels on a daily basis, I suggested such a solution. But if you know better, I will not go on.

@Nencio

This is exactly how it is, you can verify by: cat /etc/passwd

There will be one user for each website (not child-domain). cPanel follows the same principles, and with my limited usage of vestaCP they have single user admin under which websites are stored as far as I know.

Then you can run a long php script and verify that it is executed under correct user:

ps aux | grep lsphp
@Nencio

There will be one user for each website (not child-domain). cPanel follows the same principles, and with my limited usage of vestaCP they have single user admin under which websites are stored as far as I know.

ps aux | grep lsphp

In VestaCP, like others I’ve written about, it’s like this:

I do not know in cPanel because I have not used or installed for a long time.
With this solution, the user can have access to ssh sftp. You can use ftp to operate on a single user on several domains.

As I said already said each website runs under its own user with its own directory structure, you might want to have a look at cPanel file structure too.

You might be used to vestaCP directory structure, it always takes time to get used to new software.

If you read my above messages again, you will understand what I am trying to say.

That’s how I understood. You are a fan of cPanel and its solutions :smiley:

Yes, I like the directory structure. But I do like Vesta too, plus its free so their hard work should be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I like the directory structure. But I do like Vesta too, plus its free so their hard work should be greatly appreciated.

Every free job should be appreciated. Only often is something that is free while it is in the testing and creation phase. Then you suddenly get paid or functions in it. For example, the CentOS Web Panel is free, but every refined function suddenly gets paid in it. I wonder how it will be with your project.

Every free job should be appreciated. Only often is something that is free while it is in the testing and creation phase. Then you suddenly get paid or functions in it. For example, the CentOS Web Panel is free, but every refined function suddenly gets paid in it. I wonder how it will be with your project.

Yes, correct, but I am currently working at LiteSpeed.

Isn’t there a way in the future to create reseller previleges where they can create websites? It would be the same system as cPanel’s, where resellers can create news sites but users can only add addons domains.

I like that method, for this reason I do this manually in CyberPanel, I add my friend’s sites manually so they own it and not me, so they manage all sites thorugh their user in CyberPanel

Isn’t there a way in the future to create reseller previleges where they can create websites? It would be the same system as cPanel’s, where resellers can create news sites but users can only add addons domains.

I like that method, for this reason I do this manually in CyberPanel, I add my friend’s sites manually so they own it and not me, so they manage all sites thorugh their user in CyberPanel

We’ve reseller feature in mind for future.