New "User" cannot select a website package

Hi guys,
I have created a user (the same one i am having problems with in relation to the Overview Stats on dashboard mentioned in this thread…User Cyberpanel Overview is in middle of screen in Firefox 66.0.2 (64-bit) - Bug Report - CyberPanel Community

This user is unable to select an existing website package in order to add a website to their webhosting account.

I have created an ACL (Wordpress Webhosting User).
The ACL has the following permissions…
Create Website
Modify Website
Delete Website
Create Database
Delete Database
List Databases
…and a few others to do with ftp, email, and manage ssl.

I have added the user to said ACL .

Now when i select Websites> Create New Website…

the user i am logged in as, cannot select a package? (the dropdown box isnt working correctly (ie its not expanding)

What is wrong?

A “User” should not have to be a webserver “administrator” in order to install a website should they?

see screenshot of my problem at the link below
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UJtHj7MM_MRUrj7dkZdQ_1Lu4qRGNwEJ

May i suggest that part of the problem is that in Cyberpanel > Modify ACL, there is no option to allow user to “List Packages”. See the available options below…
Create Package
Delete Package
Modify Package

This would explain to me why perhaps this user is unable to create a website at all…even though I have allowed “create website” as above.

1 Like

I have ended up resolving this by completing deleting the entire user account and starting over.
Not a good solution to either of the problems i have talked about regarding this account.
It appears that this control panel is not completely stable.
I am going to see if there are any updates/upgrades available to the version i am using?

Packages are owned by users the same as websites are. So If a package is created by Administrator it can’t be seen or used by any other user.

Your new user need to create a package of its own

1. Control Panel is 100% stable, have been using it for a long while.
  2. When you do not know something, ask in a polite way and do not say “not a good solution to either of the problems”, all issues you have said here are not errors, is just you not knowing how to use the control panel. If you have given the user those rights to create packages, you will still need to create a package under that user to attach it to a site, it happens in cPanel as well…

The only real problem you have reported -and that can be easily fixed by just editing the name on the control panel- is when name is too long, hopefully @CyberPanel finds a solution where instead of disconfiguring the design it just shows some dots like “cyberp…”

1 Like

@CyberPanel said:
Packages are owned by users the same as websites are. So If a package is created by Administrator it can’t be seen or used by any other user.

Your new user need to create a package of its own

This is shared hosting webserver…How can a stamdard user create their own packages?
I do not follow the logic of that?

Isn’t it supposed to be, server admin creates hosting packages, creates users accounts, and then assigns packages to each user.

That is how it works in all of the other panels I use (vesta, ispconfig, virtualmin, centos web panel)

Can you explain what you mean by “user creates packages”? Why should a standard user even have such permissions?

Is Cyberpanel not suitable for shared hosting?

> @CyberPanel said:
> Packages are owned by users the same as websites are. So If a package is created by Administrator it can't be seen or used by any other user.
>
> Your new user need to create a package of its own

This is shared hosting webserver...How can a stamdard user create their own packages?
I do not follow the logic of that?

Isn't it supposed to be, server admin creates hosting packages, creates users accounts, and then assigns packages to each user.

That is how it works in all of the other panels I use (vesta, ispconfig, virtualmin, centos web panel)

Can you explain what you mean by "user creates packages"? Why should a standard user even have such permissions?

Is Cyberpanel not suitable for shared hosting?

If you create an user with just user previleges you need to create the site -like in cPanel- and choose the package you want. If you want to give user reseller previleges, then you allow them to create more than one site and create package, is that simple.

I don’t use whm…never seen the web hosting adminstrator root user level access backend of it.

All I know is webmin/virtualmin, ispconfig, vestacp, centos web panel…in these panels, if a user has the ability to delete their website and start over, they must be able to select from pre existing packages provided by the server administrator for the type of hosting plan (ie static hosting without database or dynamic hosting with a database).

A pre existing website package needs to be selectable for a user for Quota limits to continue to function. The available list is dependant on those made available to a particular groups of users by admin. It’s pretty simple stuff.

You can’t have users making their own packages…doing this blows QUOTA out of the water?

Also, a user can’t find out errors messages as a way of telling them they are exceeding their access level. This is not a good way of doing it…user has no finite boundaries they can see. The QUOTA limits should already enforce those boundaries by preventing the user even viewing packages beyond their allocated QUOTA.

@adamjedgar said:
I don’t use whm…never seen the web hosting adminstrator root user level access backend of it.

All I know is webmin/virtualmin, ispconfig, vestacp, centos web panel…in these panels, if a user has the ability to delete their website and start over, they must be able to select from pre existing packages provided by the server administrator for the type of hosting plan (ie static hosting without database or dynamic hosting with a database).

A pre existing website package needs to be selectable for a user for Quota limits to continue to function. The available list is dependant on those made available to a particular groups of users by admin. It’s pretty simple stuff.

You can’t have users making their own packages…doing this blows QUOTA out of the water?

Also, a user can’t find out errors messages as a way of telling them they are exceeding their access level. This is not a good way of doing it…user has no finite boundaries they can see. The QUOTA limits should already enforce those boundaries by preventing the user even viewing packages beyond their allocated QUOTA.

An user with just user privileges won’t be able to create or modify his package, only an user with the ACL previleges to create or edit packages will be able to.

I accidentally deleted an active website using the function: Website → Delete website.

Help me how to recover? It just happened and I have no other action yet.

hmmm that isnt so good.
Did you make any backups of the website?

Backups that one would normally have are as follows:

1. The VPS provider daily backups of the VPS itself (should be setup automatically)
  2. Cyberpanel backups of either the whole cyberpanel install or user accounts (also should run as often as is needed in order to ensure data is not lost
  3. website backups (example… wordpress can run its own backup)

if you dont have any backups, i fear your goose is cooked!

An user with just user privileges won't be able to create or modify his package, only an user with the ACL previleges to create or edit packages will be able to.

this would be ideal, however, what i am seeing is that unless i set the user ACL to admin, they cannot even select any packages because they cannot see packages that have been created by the server administrator.

That is the fundamental flaw in question here…packages created for users by a cyberpanel senior administrator must be viewable by users.

I think the problem here lies in the fact that cyberpanel, like centos web panel, does not give the administrator the ability to manually assign user:group to directories and files. It only automatically assigns ownership.

Because of this, i wonder if the functionality needed for an administrator to make a package veiwable (and selectable) for a general user is impossible to implement?

anyway, i am going to have to figure out a way of ensuring this doesn come back to me from clients. Essentially i believe this will mean i cannot allow users to add additional domains and subdomains (because they cannot select predefined packages, that conform to quota limits, in order to setup websites on domains and subdomains?

Hi, were you able to remedy the issue? Users should have access or an option to use the admin packages so admin can secure the server for client users

hola alguien soluciono este problema o alguna solucion para revender porque los clientes no pueden ver sus paquetes

me puedes ayudar?

I found a solution regarding this issue. Just create ACL with the privileges of create packages, list packages and bound this ACL to your user. then login to that user you just created and create the desired package. Again login to your administrative user and remove the package creation power from that ACL. So the user will be able to select the package when creating websites. simple tricks. :blush:

1 Like

Hi everyone!

Is there any solution for this issue? I really love CyberPanel, but now I am trying to automate my servers using a WHCMS alternative. I, as an administrator, created a package that I would like my users, who are created automatically by the system, to use.

I agree that this is actually how other panels work when talking about an admin or a simple user. Is there any plan to check on this? If I want to use CyberPanel as a professional option, I understand that I should be able to create packages that are assigned automatically to certain ACLs.

If someone knows how to do it, I would appreciate the help here.

Thanks!

Ok, I have to say that I was wrong. I checked my server with Clientexec, which is similar to WHMCS, and I was able to create a product that will automatically create a user and a website under my selected package on my server. It is working perfectly!

i have same issue