MAILSCANNER

Hello,

I just make the installation of MAILSCANNER inside of CyberPanel.

When I go and click ACCESS NOW after the installation it’s opening a tab to:

:8090/mailwatch/mailscanner/login.php

Anyone know this credentials to login? Also I try to change admin password at:

phpmyadmin > mailscanner > users > admin

I make it MD5 and try to login with the credentials admin and the password that I put and nothing done.

Also I tried and change the mailwatch database password for mailscanner but nothing happened.

Can anyone guide me how to access the panel OR to test that MailScanner and Mailwatch now run as should be?

Thank you!

** Problem Solved **

To all those that want after the installation to have access to :8090/mailwatch/mailscanner/login.php you must change from

/usr/local/CyberCP/public/mailwatch/mailscanner/conf.php

these:

define(‘DB_TYPE’, ‘mysql’);
define(‘DB_USER’,‘mailwatch’);
define(‘DB_PASS’, ‘YOUR_PASSWORD’);
define(‘DB_HOST’, ‘localhost’);
define(‘DB_NAME’, ‘mailscanner’);

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I am getting this error: Error: Database connection failed

It is possible that the database is overloaded or otherwise not running properly

Contact the system administrator if the problem persists

Any help?

how to reinstall mailscanner or remove

The installation does everything for you. Login with the user/password you used to login to Cyberpanel admin

I tried my user/password you used to login to Cyberpanel admin but it doesn’t work.

For some reason, it doesn’t work at my end. I tried MailScanner database login info. It doesn’t work too. Screenshot at MailScanner DB info: https://i.hido.tech/agaHwl

I confirm @hieu - Bad Username or Password
Also after Mailscanner install, Outlook was disconnected from the server - ERROR The connection to the server failed or was dropped.

Seems that postfix stopped to work :slight_smile:
warning: /usr/libexec/postfix/smtpd: bad command startup – throttling

ps. on CloudLinux server with 2.0.1 CP

Completely messed up a production server, I’m beginning to hate all of that.
A running server based on CloudLinux 7.8, with updated Cyperpanael from 2.0 to 2.0.1
Activated/Installed the Mailscanner from CP.

Can’t login to Mailscanner interface: Bad Username or Password with CP credentials.

Also, the mail server becomes unusable. I do not know what was changed but a connection to mail server it’s no more possible.

warning: SASL: Connect to private/auth failed: Connection refused
fatal: no SASL authentication mechanisms

tried to uninstall MailScanner, but this system receives updated only form CLN :slight_smile: and refused to uninstall; I think it may not have been fully installed first way.

great update and a no more hair on my head after this day :frowning:

On CloudLinux, Dovecot has problems with sieve plugin and failed to start, for that reason Postfix failed to start too.
I need to manually remove any sieve configuration from Dovecot in order to be able to start the mail service.
But emails still not working, everything remains to onhold in the queue.

MailScanner story on CloudLinux, part2:

• I manually changed the password for user admin in MailScanner database and I can login to the web interface.

Now I’m running in exactly this issue:

Manual run upgrade CP, dovecot sieve settings are in place again.
I manage to start dovecot with siege after install dovecot-pigeonhole who was missing. I do not know why but was not installed before.

Mailscanner has the same issue

The installation does everything for you. Login with the user/password you used to login to Cyberpanel admin

I just ran the install and while in theory this should be true, in practice, it is not. It could have something to do with my CyberPanel using two-factor authentication. All I know is when I try to enter my administrator username and password, it claims bad username or password.

Respectfully, I provided the details above for your review. I realize I don’t expect a response, but you don’t really provide any follow up beyond terse comments and saying “but my setup works.” This is the CyberPanel community meaning it requires some engagement from your end. Respectfully, it comes off as dismissive and standoffish when you respond telling users “but it works on my setup.” This is a pattern I have noticed in various threads, and it is not the best approach for inspiring engagement from the userbase. Not all installations and environments are equal. In light of this, addressing real-world problems requires real-world approaches and not canned responses.

I parsed the code for mailscannerinstaller.sh and the issue is down to this line:

cat /etc/cyberpanel/adminPass
cat: /etc/cyberpanel/adminPass: No such file or directory

I personally would never touch nor delete this. If memory serves me, was this file removed in any of the previous releases (maybe by mistake?) in response to one of the security audits? I know for a fact that keeping a password in plain text format is generally a big no-no, so that may be why it got removed in a past release. I know I certainly did not delete it, so it may have been a CyberPanel update that had removed it.

Here is a fix for MailScanner. Add this at the end of your conf.php file and ClamAV and Postfix’s version information should now show up properly.

putenv(‘PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin’);

Hi

for

:8090/mailwatch/mailscanner/login.php

try this
user name:admin
Password:1234567

1 Like

I shared a question about how to change the password for the login to mailwatch. For many i am sure it was easy but for me i did not see the solution at first. Since i was able to change it after some time i wanted to share it with others who might had the same question onserning it.

1. Under mail settings in CP i installed the mailscanner
  2. After install i clicked the blue access now button
  3. i used user: admin Password: 1234567 to login to mailwatch
  4. Went to Tools and links on the mailwatch panel
  5. Under tools i chose - user management
  6. You find the admin user there- edit it
  7. Add a strong password and choose update
    8.Log out and in again to mailwatch
1 Like

I shared a question about how to change the password for the login to mailwatch. For many i am sure it was easy but for me i did not see the solution at first. Since i was able to change it after some time i wanted to share it with others who might had the same question conserning it.

1. Under mail settings in CP i installed the mailscanner
  2. After install i clicked the blue access now button
  3. i used user: admin Password: 1234567 to login to mailwatch
  4. Went to Tools and links on the mailwatch panel
  5. Under tools i chose - user management
  6. You find the admin user there- edit it
  7. Add a strong password and choose update
    8.Log out and in again to mailwatch
1 Like

having all of these same issues. Can not remove MailScanner, can not check email, cant do anything. Our servers ability to do anything with email is fing dead. why is this fing mailscanner here if it IS going to f up people system?