MailScanner Issue

Hello

I recently installed mailscanner via cyberpanel, when I login to mailwatch interface it says: “Cannot open MailScanner configuration file” and status is: MailScanner: NO 0 proc(s)

also all email accounts fail to send or recieve email anymore. (postfix and dovecot statuses are active and normal)

and now my request is:
What is the solution? How can I deal with it? How can I reinstall or completely remove mailscanner and its depencies to make emails work again?

Cyberpanel Version: 2.0

thanks in advanced

Hi henna, I run in exactly the same problem on CloudLinux7
On CP interface - MailScanner is installed.
After I manually changed the password in the database I can access MailWatch but with the same error (Cannot open MailScanner configuration file).
Looking in files, there is no /etc/MailScanner and /usr/share/MailScanner directories.

So I run a manual reinstall with mailscannerinstaller.sh
… Mailscanner successfully installed. MailWatch successfully installed.
Visit…
Username: admin
Password: 1234567

looking on server files, again there is no /etc/MailScanner and /usr/share/MailScanner directories.

Cyberpanel report that MaiScanner is installed and I can login to MailWatch interface but the problem persists - “Cannot open MailScanner configuration file” and status is: MailScanner: NO 0 proc(s)

also, all email accounts fail to send or receive email anymore. (postfix and dovecot statuses are active and normal)

Perfection! worked like a charm, thank you very much henna.

you could write how you solved this problem ??

1 Like

still no answer for this one?

Soon we will provide some updates about this