Issues after upgrading to build 1.8 version 5

You can check #2 by logging into phpmyadmin as root mysql and password and look in Cyberpanel database under loginSystem_administrator`user, first and last name is in there.

Issue 2 and 3 data is present, not deleted or lost but isn’t showing. Just blank. If I try to edit profile, first and last name is present but that isn’t showing in the panel.

Hi!

I just registered because I’ve been having some problems after I upgraded to 1.8.5 a few days ago. At first I thought something wrong was happening with my SSL certifications, maybe I had hit the limit in that week, but then I tried to create an email address for a domain, and this error showed up:

Cannot create email account. Error message: 0,(1054, “Unknown column ‘mail’ in ‘field list’”)s
I went to check if the field name was there, and it is there but it is called “email” not ‘mail’

and I am getting the powerDNS issue:
Error message: (1054, “Unknown column ‘masterServer’ in ‘field list’”)

I am running a Ubuntu 18.04 droplet at digitalocean.com. So my problems are with SSL, not being able to create new certificates from the control panel, can’t create emails and the powerdns thing.

Also, I did all the recommended steps above, the apt update && apt upgrade.

The 1054 error seems to be related to mysql / mariadb and could possibly be the cause of all the issues being the database tables have not updated correctly on the upgrade.

You could try take a backup and then run a check / repair databases in root mysql that’s if you have not already tried to fix this way.

Shared MariaDB/MySQL error codes
1054 42S22 ER_BAD_FIELD_ERROR Unknown column ‘%s’ in ‘%s’

Another option if you have updated mariadb to 10.2 or above rollback to 10.1 (after making a backup) and run cyberpanel update again. then if all good update the version.

I am not a cyberpanel expert or programmer, just offering suggestions to try help :slight_smile:

Hi, I have another issue added to those of minhazulOO7.
After upgrade all the emails password don’t work. To correct it, I had to change the passwords of each email :frowning:

1. Still that “Invalid SSL” persists

This should be fixed with new upgrade code that is pushed today.

@CyberPanel said:

1. Still that “Invalid SSL” persists

This should be fixed with new upgrade code that is pushed today.

Just upgraded it. Issue 1 is solved, https is intact after upgrade. A new issue aroused! Can’t login to panel! After providing username and password and clicking on login button brings to login page!

PLEASE FIX IT ASAP! IF ANYONE UPGRADES IT NOW IT MAY EFFECT THEM AS WELL!

Edit 1: You guys also added CloudLinux support? Dayum! Found a tab in “Server” section. Now you need a medium to large team for sure!

Edit: Didn’t knew I upgraded to build 1.8 version 6! :lol:

@CyberPanel had to reset “admin” pass to regain control of my panel. Please in future updates, fix this issue or that update will cripple “admin” pass and have to reset the pass again! :disappointed:

Steps I did,

1. Went to CyberPanel website for how to reset “admin” pass → [https://cyberpanel.net/docs/2-reset-admin-password-via-command-line/]
  2. Tried many combination but none of it works! Finally figured it! Please fix this also! :disappointed: Open a terminal/ SSH and type/ copy this → [python /usr/local/CyberCP/plogical/adminPass.py --password PASSWORD] EXACTLY YOU HAVE TO TYPE/ COPY THIS! LITERALLY! DO NOT TYPE/ COPY THE BRACKETS!
  3. After that tried to login, and it worked!

@CyberPanel found a new issue! :smiley: Backup doesn’t works! It say’s [cat: /home/example.com/backup/backupFileName: No such file or directory]

After upgrade your password should work, we just added session expire time nothing else. Anyways I will check.

Upgraded from version 1.8 build 4 to version 1.8 build 5. But there's some issues,

1. Still that "Invalid SSL" persists
2. "admin" user "First" and "Last" name has vanished!
3. "Server IP Address" also vanished!
4. Although I don't use "PowerDNS" but going to "panel/manageservices/managePowerDNS" shows "Error message: (1054, "Unknown column 'masterServer' in 'field list'")"

I will update this post if I find more issues ASAP!

I had the same problem when I updated the cyberpanel from 1.8.3 to 1.8.6.
I do not know what to do? Has anyone handled this error?

@minhazulOO7

You are right about the user login issue and there was another minor issue I fixed and pushed the package. We recently released 1.8.6 and there are issues because of major changes. If you see anything do let us know.

@minhazulOO7

For backup issue, since they now run as website user. You will have to just clear the backup directory or remove status file

rm -f /home/domain.com/backup/status

This should solve your backup issue.

@CyberPanel upgrading now, will let you know.

Edit: Ticket created! Check: Ticket #8I1B5R

@CyberPanel at the time of upgrading my net connection was unavailable :smiley: Now if I run " python upgrade.py" it shows this,

[[root@server ~]# python upgrade.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “upgrade.py”, line 1598, in
main()
File “upgrade.py”, line 1594, in main
Upgrade.upgrade()
File “upgrade.py”, line 1517, in upgrade
Version = version.objects.get(pk=1)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/manager.py”, line 85, in manager_method
return getattr(self.get_queryset(), name)(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py”, line 373, in get
num = len(clone)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py”, line 232, in len
self._fetch_all()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py”, line 1102, in _fetch_all
self._result_cache = list(self._iterable_class(self))
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py”, line 53, in iter
results = compiler.execute_sql(chunked_fetch=self.chunked_fetch)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py”, line 863, in execute_sql
sql, params = self.as_sql()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py”, line 420, in as_sql
where, w_params = self.compile(self.where) if self.where is not None else ("", [])
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py”, line 373, in compile
sql, params = node.as_sql(self, self.connection)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/where.py”, line 79, in as_sql
sql, params = compiler.compile(child)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py”, line 373, in compile
sql, params = node.as_sql(self, self.connection)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/lookups.py”, line 169, in as_sql
lhs_sql, params = self.process_lhs(compiler, connection)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/lookups.py”, line 162, in process_lhs
db_type = self.lhs.output_field.db_type(connection=connection)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/fields/init.py”, line 640, in db_type
return connection.data_types[self.get_internal_type()] % data
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/functional.py”, line 35, in get
res = instance.dict[self.name] = self.func(instance)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py”, line 174, in data_types
if self.features.supports_microsecond_precision:
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/functional.py”, line 35, in get
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/mysql/features.py”, line 53, in supports_microsecond_precision
return self.connection.mysql_version >= (5, 6, 4) and Database.version_info >= (1, 2, 5)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py”, line 385, in mysql_version
with self.temporary_connection() as cursor:
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/contextlib.py”, line 17, in enter
return self.gen.next()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 591, in temporary_connection
cursor = self.cursor()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 254, in cursor
return self._cursor()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 229, in _cursor
self.ensure_connection()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 213, in ensure_connection
self.connect()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/utils.py”, line 94, in exit
six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 213, in ensure_connection
self.connect()
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/base/base.py”, line 189, in connect
self.connection = self.get_new_connection(conn_params)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/backends/mysql/base.py”, line 274, in get_new_connection
conn = Database.connect(**conn_params)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/init.py”, line 81, in Connect
return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
File “/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/MySQLdb/connections.py”, line 193, in init
super(Connection, self).init(*args, **kwargs2)
django.db.utils.OperationalError: (2003, 'Can\‘t connect to MySQL server on \‘127.0.0.1\’ (111 “Connection refused”)’)]

I will create a ticket ASAP!

So is the consensus to wait on upgrading to 1.8.6 now too? CyberPanel support just fixed all my 1.8.5 issues but I won’t upgrade if there are issues with this new release until they get sorted out.

@Hifihedgehog support team fixed my issue about upgrading! @CyberPanel THANKS A LOT! :smiley: Also great news for all! Issue 1-4 all has been solved! Anyone can upgrade to build 1.8 version 6. But backup isn’t fixed yet.

@minhazulOO7

For backups you need to remove your backup directory so new structure can be created

rm -rf /home/domain.com/backup/*

Let me know if still won’t after. Because I can’t reproduce on my end.

@CyberPanel said:
@minhazulOO7

For backups you need to remove your backup directory so new structure can be created

rm -rf /home/domain.com/backup/*

Let me know if still won’t after. Because I can’t reproduce on my end.

I have removed the “status” file as you mentioned before. But didn’t worked. Now let’s see what happens if I remove “backup” directory :wink:

@minhazulOO7 said:
@Hifihedgehog support team fixed my issue about upgrading! @CyberPanel THANKS A LOT! :smiley: Also great news for all! Issue 1-4 all has been solved! Anyone can upgrade to build 1.8 version 6. But backup isn’t fixed yet.

I just upgraded and now email accounts are broke. I and the rest of my users cannot access any of our email accounts. I just created a ticket. Please fix this ASAP!