Is it possible to install advanced HTML Editor in cyberPanel like the one in cPanel?

Is it possible to install advanced HTML Editor in cyberPanel like the one in cPanel?

I’m looking for a better online HTML editor which can also be valid for PHP coding, the current one not working good and very hard to manage big websites using such editors (Basic one and the CodeMirror).

Please advice what is the best approach here?

Hello @Rabia Happy you are here

Yes and No.

Yes you can change it from the source code but you need proper comprehension of the technologies that built CyberPanel i.e Python, Django fraemwork

No it is not recommended because maintaining such changes will be a full time job to keep up with stable line of CyberPanel and still keeping your changes secure if they actually do not break the entire panel. Think of unknown vulnerabilities. But if you don’t mind go ahead.

Anyone is working on a new CodeMirror version?

How I can keep the save button visible all the time, each time need to save need to scroll again to the top.

Also there’s a critical issue that not able to search the code inside the editor!

Codemirror’s code is maintained here Suggest new features there.

You argument is counter intuituve. It seems you have not done any research on how codemirror works before suggesting replacing it.

CodeMirror is a code-editor component that can be embedded in Web pages. The core library provides only the editor component, no accompanying buttons, auto-completion, or other IDE functionality. It does provide a rich API on top of which such functionality can be straightforwardly implemented. See the addons included in the distribution, and 3rd party packages on npm, for reusable implementations of extra features.

Learn more

On the other hand, CyberPanel is opensource you can view the source code on github and suggest new features through pull requests if you have the ability or clone the project and customise it for your own needs or just start a poll here suggesting new features to the community.

If you have found any vulnerabilities or issues that are breaking the functionality of codemirror in cyberpanel you are free to report them here.