I have been trying to install CyberPanel on an Ubuntu 20.04 host, with OLS already installed.
This resulted in a lot of errors with a corruption of the /tmp directory. I understand the installation script may fail because it’s not expecting OLS to already be installed. But it should not wreck the system when it fails.
Here are some issues I found in the installation script:
- There seems to be a typo somewhere related to debconf as it cites something called ‘Noninteracitve’ (which has an obvious typo):
debconf: unable to initialize frontend: Noninteracitve
- The script uses the following command:
mkfs.ext4 -F /usr/.tempdisk
but the Ubuntu manual states that -F needs to appear twice on the cmd line when used.
The adduser command for docker is missing the ‘-ingroup docker’ option. Without it, it will fail if the docker group already exists.
The script writes to /etc/fstab but does not clean after itself if it fails.
The script keeps going despite numerous errors and does not give a chance for the user to review them.
It’s not clear what the script means by installation memcached/redis and their extensions. What happens if they are both already installed? Will it overwrite them? There should be an option to install just the extensions?
There are no clear requirements stated. What happens if OLS, memcached, Redis, mariadb server… are already installed?
What if I have mariadb 10.15 installed? what will happen?
- The script fails eventually on:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
libmariadbclient-dev : Depends: libmariadb-dev (= 1:10.3.22-1ubuntu1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
I have not seen any proper resolution anywhere to this issue.
- If I work around the issue #8, the script fails on:
apt-get -y install openlitespeed
[09.29.2020_23-29-40] [ERROR] We are not able to run apt-get -y install openlitespeed return code: 100. Fatal error, see /var/log/installLogs.txt for full details.
And installLogs.txt has no additional details.
- I would be nice to know if it is possible to install CyberPanel on an existing OLS install. If so, what process should I follow? If not, what is the alternative/better to transition from OLS alone to using OLS with CyberPanel.