How To Install And Setup Mautic On CyberPanel

In this article, we are going to tell you how to easily set up Mautic on CyberPanel as then use the CyberPanel email server for a 10/10 spam-free score and configure that SMTP on Mautic.

You have to follow these steps in order to set up Mautic on Cyberpanel without any error.

Let’s know something about Mautic, Mautic provides free and open-source marketing automation available to everyone.

Let’s continue without any further ado.

Install CyberPanel:

First of all, you need to install Cyberpanel on your server. If you already have a CyberPanel server you can skip to next step otherwise you can follow this tutorial to install fresh CyberPanel on the server. Click here and follow the process to do so.

Login to CyberPanel:

Once CyberPanel is installed, you have to log in to CyberPanel using your credentials. Visit URL

https//::8090

Create a new Website:

Now in this step, you need to create a website for Muatic installation. To add a new website on your CyberPanel go to the Websites-> Create Website

On this page, you need to add the required information like Website URL, packages, owner, PHP Version, SSL, etc. Make sure you select SSL, DKIM support, and Mail Domain as you will need all of them for a spam-free SMTP server.

Keep in mind that you need to select PHP 7.3 or lower. PHP 7.4 or 8.0 aren’t supported by mautic yet.

Once you added all the information click on the create button and the site will be created for you.

Install Mautic

Next step is to install the mautic on the server and you can do this by following these steps.

To install muatic on your website, go to the Websites → List Websites

Screenshot 18

On this page, you can see the website you added, in front of your website you can see the Manage Button. Click this button.

On the “website manager” page, go to the APPLICATION INSTALLER section and here you will see the Mautic logo and name, click on that.

Once you click on this option you can see the screen for the Installation of Mautic. Add the required information.

When you click on the install button, the installation process will start and you can see this screen.

Once the installation process for muatic is complete, visit your website and you will see this screen.

Enter the credentials that you created during mautic installation. When you are logged in to the muatic, you can see this dashboard.

Connect SMTP with Mautic:

First of all, you need to connect Mautic to your SMTP server. to do so you have to follow some steps.

Click on the Settings button on the right top of the screen.

Here you can see the configuration option now.

Click on this configuration button and navigate to the next screen to setup SMTP settings.

On this page, you have to go to the Email Settings option to setup SMTP configurations.

Add your mail server address like mail.cyberpanel.net

Add port: 587

SMTP encryption type: TLS

SMTP authentication mode: Login

Username for the selected mail service: Your email/SMTP username

Password for the selected mail service: Your email/SMTP password

Test Your Connection:

Once you complete the process of setting up email configurations, press the Test button, and if you got a success message your setup is alright.

Add Email Lists to Mautic:

To set up an email list, you need to set up a segment first, in order to do so go to the segment option in the left menu.

Here you will find an option to create a new segment in the right corner.

Here on the next screen, you need to provide some information to create a segment. Like list name Alias and description. Toggle the “Public Segment” and “Published” to “yes”.

Once you click the save button, you can see the list below.

Now, it’s time to import some emails to this list. We have to go to the Contacts to import some email lists. Go to this small arrow on the side of Contacts page.

Here on this button, you can see an import button, click this one to import your email list. Mautic accepts CSV files.

Select the file you want to import and click on the import button.

Once the import is done and you can see you have to add some details about the imported list

Owner name

Tags

List

You also have to match the data in file to some of the fields in Mautic. Click the import in browser option on the top of the page.

You can see this screen after it’s successfully done.

Screenshot 40

Now if you go back to the segments option and you can see the contacts in the segment list.

How to create a bulk campaign:

To create a bulk campaign as your email list is ready now, you need to go to the email option inside the channels section of the left menu.

Click the New button and then select “New Segment Email”

Screenshot 44

After selecting the type, it is time to select any template for your message. You can choose one of them or pick a blank one for your own design.

On the right side, you have to provide all details.

On top of this form, you can also see their builder page where you can design and edit templates according to your choice. After doing all these save your email template and get ready to send mail.

Now you can go to the email button again and see the email you just added.

On the left, you can see an arrow button and on the right side, you can see the status for email. By pressing the arrow button, you can click and send the mail from here.

That’s it. You have sent a bulk email.

How to schedule your campaign:

To schedule your mail campaign you need to create an email like the one above with a minor modification.

While creating the email, you have to select a later date and time in “Publish at (date/time)”

Meanwhile, you have to take care of one thing and that is the time zone. For this, you need to go to the

Settings-> Configurations-> general settings-> Time Zone

This is very important that you need to synchronize your schedule with your email and time zone.

Set a Cron Job:

Now the last thing that remains in the process and is a cron job that will execute and send mail. This is the last and the most important thing for scheduled mail/campaign.

So mail server can know and send mail accordingly.

To do so you just need to login to your CyberPanel go to

Website → List Websites → Manage

Then go down to the cron job option.

add this cron job here.

*/10 * * * * root /usr/bin/php /var/www/html/mautic/app/console mautic:broadcasts:send

You are all set.

1 Like

Mautic does not support PHP version 7.4.27 at this time. To use Mautic, you will need to downgrade to an earlier version.

Hi,
I have installed cyberpanel and installed mautic as outlined in this post. I would now like to set up mail using the cyberpanel SMTP server. This post doesn’t really cover it as described at the start of this post. Can you point me to where I can find this info? Thanks.

You can use this guide to setup SMTP credentials and you can use those credentials in Mautic How to Build Free SMTP Server with CyberPanel in 5 Minutes - YouTube

1 Like

Hi @usmannasir,
I have encounted this error message when trying to configure the SMTP settings in Mautic. Any suggestions?

Unable to connect with TLS encryption Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport << 220 mail.mydomain.\com ESMTP Postfix >> EHLO mautic.mydomin.\com << 250-mail.mydomain.\com 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 30720000 250-ETRN 250-STARTTLS 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-8BITMIME 250-DSN 250 CHUNKING >> STARTTLS << 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS !! Unable to connect with TLS encryption (code: 0)
++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport << 220 mail.mydomain.\com ESMTP Postfix >> EHLO mautic.mydomain.\com << 250-mail.mydomain.\com 250-PIPELINING 250-SIZE 30720000 250-ETRN 250-STARTTLS 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES 250-8BITMIME 250-DSN 250 CHUNKING >> STARTTLS << 220 2.0.0 Ready to start TLS !! Unable to connect with TLS encryption (code: 0)

can you show me the //email/testTo: results

Self-signed SSL error. I would recommend to connect server with cloud and run email debugger to get the SSL (Email debugger and cloud is free)

Connected to Cyberpanel cloud.
Tried running email debugger and got an error?

Please open a ticket at cloud.cyberpanel.net and you will get access

1 Like

Ticket opened. Thanks.

check will be given

Hi!
Installed Mautic as mentioned but on Configuration - Email Settings - Test connection gives a Error on SMTP encryption. TLS - 587 or SSL 465 - When NONE is selected Test connection is Success.
Installed and tried PHP 7.4 and below

Can you suggest some other options.

TLS-587 Error:
Unable to connect with TLS encryption Log data: ++ Starting Swift_SmtpTransport << 220 hrinfo360.com ESMTP Postfix >> EHLO hrinfo360.com

Note: I used VPS Cyberpanel to create SMTP server, everything worked fine including Email using WebAccess. (But I need Mautic to send and track emails)

I followed these instructions and was able to install mautic. Unfortunately, campaigns are not working. They are not sending any emails.

Testing
Went to configuration menu and tested SMTP connection + sent test email.
Both worked successfully.

Created a new email. Sent an example email. Worked successfully.

Thanks for the info, it is really use full….. :grinning:

Hello!

I have been working on getting my website up along with a way to send out emails in mass. I have already downloaded wordpress to the cyberpanel and built it out. Now I am trying to install Mautic, but it is giving me an error

Installation failed. Error message: [“Directory is not empty. [404]”]

Does anyone know what to do to work around this issue? I’ve been at it all day and have not gotten anywhere. Please help!

It is because you already have WordPress install and Mautic will not override, what you can do is use a subdomain.

Thank you!

I created a child domain. When I clicked to manage the child domain, it doesn’t have mautic available at the bottom.

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Mautic is not available for install on subdomains?