How to change the username for FTP user in CyberPanel

Is there a way to change the user name that is automatically generated when an FTP account is created in CyberPanel?

The issue I have is that when a new account FTP account is created, CyberPanel adds “admin_” in front of the username.

Our customers are already using a desktop application that uploads their files for us to print for them. It has a specific FTP username that we don’t want to change, so we can switch servers seamlessly.

I need to use the same username that is already in use on our current site, to avoid forcing everyone to update the software.

1 Like

Can some reply to this topic? Or can we have a link with this topic?

FTP user name is auto generated with the admin prefix you can add anything before that

Thank you for reply , but when i create a new account he still appear the user admin.

I want to create a username like example domain its openftp.net and my ftp username its admin_openftp but i want the username to be openftp

Please if you can answer this question too, can change from [domain]8090/base/ ( link from panel) to domain.net/base to remove 8090 from the link.

Thank you in advance

Was there a solution to this?

For security reason I set up different admin account, username ‘frillypinkunderwear’ and now when I set clients up with FTP access their User Name is frillypinkunderwear_googleadmin which is a little embarrassing and unprofessional.
There was the Beautiful Name plugin but it hasn’t been updated in many years so not sure if that’s still the preferred way.

Looking for a solution to this as well.
Frustrating having to redeploy software to loads of clients because I can’t set the ftp account the way I want it.

The only current workaround is to setup ftp off cyberpanel