Google sometimes rejects my mails sent from CyberPanel

Hi, I created an email on my domain from CyberPanel. I added my DNS records to my domain as well, I set up the reverse DNS from Hostinger VPS panel. I tried sending emails to different providers. Everything works other than Gmail, which sometimes works and sometimes rejects my email with error log:

gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2404:6800:4003:c06::1b] said: 550-5.7.25
[2a02:4780:8:6:2:f4c4:b639:8d75] The IP address sending this message
550-5.7.25 does not have a PTR record setup, or the corresponding forward
DNS 550-5.7.25 entry does not point to the sending IP. As a policy, Gmail
does not 550-5.7.25 accept messages from IPs with missing PTR records.
Please visit 550-5.7.25
Prevent mail to Gmail users from being blocked or sent to spam - Gmail Help for more 550
5.7.25 information. a22-20020a056a000c9600b0062602702839si30881088pfv.87 -
gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)

I checked both my PTR records, ipv4, and ipv6, but the problem still occurs. I checked MX Toolbox and there is no problem other than my ip being in SpamRays (I don’t know why this is the case, got the service a month ago and never used it) with there as well. I’m using SSL’s from CyberPanel, could that be the issue?

My domain is umuthanozel.com. Thanks for the help.

Hello @tetraizor Hapy you are here

Your reverse DNS is not a valid Hostname. Go to where you lease your server and set the correct hostname for rDNS ptr record as mail.umuthanozel.com

If you recently set this record then depending on your hsoting provider you will have to wait. Its best you consult them how long it takes for such changes to reflect.

Ok, I changed my PTR’s to mail.umuthanozel.com. I’m new to these things so I hope It’s ok to ask a question.

Why do I set it to mail. subdomain? I’m not gonna use this VPS server just for mail, so wouldn’t that mess up other subdomains or my main domain? Or is PTR just relevant for mail things? Because I can only set up one PTR for ipv4 and ipv6 each.

Yes you are correct. Reverse DNS lookups query DNS servers for a PTR (pointer) record of an email server. if the server does not have a PTR record it cannot resolve a reverse lookup thereby rejecting a sent email or received email.

An rDNS record helps other servers verify that your email was sent from a valid server. This is one of the methods used to identify spam etc

Got it. So I don’t have to worry about other services or subdomains. This is only for mail. Thank you so much! I’ll wait for the DNS change to propagate, and try sending a couple of mails to see if I still get that warning.

Waited a bit more and now I’m getting a completely different message…

host
gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[2404:6800:4003:c03::1a] said: 550-5.7.25
[2a02:4780:8:6:2:f4c4:b639:8d75] The IP address sending this message
550-5.7.25 does not have a PTR record setup, or the corresponding forward
DNS 550-5.7.25 entry does not point to the sending IP. As a policy, Gmail
does not 550-5.7.25 accept messages from IPs with missing PTR records.
Please visit 550-5.7.25
Prevent mail to Gmail users from being blocked or sent to spam - Gmail Help for more 550
5.7.25 information. m9-20020a17090a3f8900b0023f61c7570bsi8446621pjc.163 -
gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)

And these are my ptr records from hostinger.

this is not very logical because in cyberpanel we have many domains do many emai clients, so if a nother domain gets rejected via google what we will do then?

Email from a client domain on your cyberpanel server gets rejected by Google ? or which domain gets rejected ?

Is there anything I can do about my problem?

Everything looks ok with ssl . a quick check on the dns records shows you have not set any rdns records

Isn’t that my PTR record? I set that up from Hostinger. I sent a screenshot of that on the above message. Or is rDNS something different? If so where should I set that up?

Ok everything seems fine here

There seems to be an issue here check your cyberpanel dns records as this is wrong

I tried changing it… Does it work now? Which site are you checking this. And are you checking for mail.umuthanozel.com or directly umuthanozel.com? Thanks!

Please, can you share what URL you use for this test.
Thank you.

Thank you for sharing this