FTP for sub-domains?

So, I create a website for example.com so the location is /home/example.com/

Then I create a subdomain for that website, let’s say app.example.com. The location should be in /home/example.com/app.example.com/

Now, here comes the problem…

When I want to create FTP for that subdomain:

1. There are no options for that. The list only contains example.com.

2. Let’s say I choose example.com and create an FTP, the path I choose /home/example.com/app.example.com/
    will still give an error since it’s created in /home/example.com/public_html/home/example.com/app.example.com

So, how can I create FTP for subdomain? Help please…

HI,
you’re entering a wrong path I think

asuming that yourdomain.com if the root domain, sub.yourdomain.com is the subdomain and sub.yourdomain.com is a child domain of yourdomain.com

for a root domain the default FTP home directory will be

/home/yourdomain.com so you don’t need to specify that… assuming that thethe subdomain is placed under /home/yourdomain.com/public_html/sub.youdomain.com

so if you need to create an FTP account for sub.youdomain.com so please select the root site yourdomain.com and enter the path as
public_html/sub.youdomain.com

this will create an FTP account for the subdomain.

Yes, for default is /home/yourdomain.com.

The default location when creating the subdomain is in /home/yourdomain.com/sub.yourdomain.com and that’s where I put my subdomain location.

However, when creating FTP and your input the path sub.yourdomain.com, the path created is automatically in /home/yourdomain.com/public_html/sub.yourdomain.com. Not in /home/yourdomain.com/sub.yourdomain.com

That’s where it’s inconsistent… I can’t get the path to /home/yourdomain/sub.yourdomain.com…

The same thing happens to me. Users created for subdomains connect and display an empty folder, even though the relative path indicated when creating the FTP account was correct.

Hi … any solutions for this ?