FTP Error 530 on FileZilla

Hi, I am running two different cloud servers, both using Cyberpanel and Ubuntu 22.04.1
On one of the servers, I am able to connect to FTP without any issue.
On the second one which I had installed today, I am receiving Error 530 for several different FTP accounts which I have set up for different websites. The hostname resolves to the IP address. The usernames and passwords are correct. Ports are open and pausing the Cyberpanel Firewall doesn’t change anything.

FileZilla:

|Status:      |Verbinde mit 5.xxx.xxx.xxx:21...|
|---|---|
|Status:      |Verbindung hergestellt, warte auf Willkommensnachricht...|
|Status:      |Initialisiere TLS...|
|Status:      |TLS-Verbindung hergestellt.|
|Befehl:      |USER admin_xxxxxxxx|
|Antwort:    |331 User admin_xxxxxxxx OK. Password required|
|Befehl:      |PASS *******************|
|Antwort:    |530 Login authentication failed|
|Fehler:      |Kritischer Fehler: Herstellen der Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen|

FTP Server Log entries:

Jan  2 16:44:48 Cloud2 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] New connection from p5b321cfd.dip0.t-ipconnect.de
Jan  2 16:44:48 Cloud2 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] TLS: Enabled TLSv1.3 with TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384, 256 secret bits cipher
Jan  2 16:44:52 Cloud2 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [WARNING] Authentication failed for user [admin_xxxxxxxx]
Jan  2 16:44:53 Cloud2 pure-ftpd: ([email protected]) [INFO] Logout.

What can I do to make FTP Access work? It seems that many users are asking the exact same question during the last months, also here in the forum…

Thanks!

can you show the result of pure-ftpd

Hi Abdul, I have now recreated my Cloud environment on Ubuntu 20.04 instead of 22.04 before. Now FTP access works well. It appears this is an issue with Cyberpanel on Ubuntu 22.04.

I can confirm this bug is related to Ubuntu 22.04. On Ubuntu 20.04 all works perfect. So does anyone found solution how to make FTP work on Ubuntu 22.04?

Dear CyberPanel team, I can reconfirm this also for the latest CyberPanel version. I set up a new Ubuntu 22.04 server to check the issue and it still happens. Then set up the system again on Ubuntu 20.04 and everything works perfectly. Please provide support on this urgently. Thank you very much!

Does anyone have an update? I migrating to new server and can’t decide which Ubuntu version to install. Is it safe to install 22.04 for CP?