FTP Backup Feature

CyberPanel should have FTP backup feature since SCP backup need server and investing on another server only for backup use is not logical and not everyone can buy it.

FTP backup is easily available and cost effective for small VPS owners.

Features like -

Copy to remove location via FTP and delete from local server if backup is older than X days.

i’m looking for the same features

I agree.
in my opinion, FTP backup is much better and easier to use than Gdrive and sftp(that requiers a VPS)

i agree too
please add this feature

I dont think any panel or administration software provides FTP backup option as its not safe + reliable (very slow and hence will give errors)

cPanel and Direct Admin has this feature.
ftp backup is very useful for small business

I was using Direct Admin but couldn’t find such feature though.

Anyhow, SFTP is already available and SFTP is more secure and SFTP works with majority providers without issue.

at least make it more stable. we could not get backup by cyberpanel!

Operation Failed!
Host xxxxxxxxxxxx not found in /root/.ssh/known_hosts
Timeout exceeded.

command: /bin/ssh
args: ['/bin/ssh', '-o', 'StrictHostKeyChecking=no', '-p', '22', '[email protected]', 'mkdir ~/.ssh || rm -f ~/.ssh/temp && rm -f ~/.ssh/authorized_temp && cp ~/.ssh/authorized_keys ~/.ssh/temp || chmod 700 ~/.ssh || chmod g-w ~']
buffer (last 100 chars): b''
before (last 100 chars): ''
after:
match: None
match_index: None
exitstatus: None
flag_eof: False
pid: 15502
child_fd: 8
closed: False
timeout: 3
delimiter:
logfile: None
logfile_read: None
logfile_send: None
maxread: 2000
ignorecase: False
searchwindowsize: None
delaybeforesend: 0.05
delayafterclose: 0.1
delayafterterminate: 0.1
searcher: searcher_re:
0: re.compile(b'password:')
1: re.compile(b'Password:')
2: re.compile(b'Permission denied')
3: re.compile(b'File exists') [TIMEOUT setupSSHKeys]

1 Like

You can do it in a very simple way.
Logically, you can mount any directory on an FTP server and get a copy of your backup folder on FTP.

How you can do it:

many small businesses use the cyberpanel, I tested it and I really liked it! however I continue with Directadmin due to the ABSENCE of ftp backup, up to 100 200gb of backup ftp supports very well!