File manager for root

Hi,
It would be easier to edit certain files if a root file manager is installed.

or option in the admin panel to edit config files like php ini , postfix conf etc.

Thanks
Atul

+1

add my vote as +2.
One of the reasons I dont like ISPConfig is because of exactly this…missing filemanager for control panel senior administrator/root user (probably sudoer might be best but whatever works)

+3

Any update of filemanager for root for admin?

Hello guys,

I’m new to using CyberPanel and this is my first question in this forum. How do I access the root folders of my server from CyberPanel?

Regards

Type your comment
Hi Deewinc, I have the same question. Please let me know if you found anything on this.

Cheers.

@deewinc said:
Hello guys,

I’m new to using CyberPanel and this is my first question in this forum. How do I access the root folders of my server from CyberPanel?

Regards

Cyberpanel doesn’t have root file manager. You can’t access root directory from cyberpanel.

+5

Type your comment> @stanlog said:

Hi,
It would be easier to edit certain files if a root file manager is installed.

or option in the admin panel to edit config files like php ini , postfix conf etc.

Thanks
Atul

A root file manager is essential, there is no more!

The only option to manage all files and folders is by terminal accessing by SSH.
It is a detail that must be considered when choosing Cyberpanel.

+100

hello, how to copy backup from /home//backups to /home/backup ? i dont see file manager for root

perhaps developer team can add this option to put File manager as admin/root

ISPConfig doesn’t have any file manager at all, for admin or for any users, it’s one of the biggest problems with it as far as I’m concerned.

WinScp you can make for sudo user sudo su - command on settings to manage files with root privileges.
Just make user with root privileges and with visudo setting set nopasswd.

so… as an admin. if we want to copy files from user home, we need 3rd party software ? cant use built-in FileManager ?

#ignore SSH way

You are right would be nice to have option in admin area.
If its security issue then make it some how you need insert SSH key or password on system. That’s how its user own problem if there is security issue if get hacked, just put warning that using that function might be security issue.

Hence its not under priority to provide root file manager. For that you can use SFTP and it does better.

1 Like