Error: The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/xxxx

Hello! i’m using cyberpanel and my wordpress site now show that error when i try upload any image:
The uploaded file could not be moved to wp-content/uploads/
I has tried to set chmod to 755 777,… and try some way from internet but not working for me.
Here greenshot: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Can anyone have sulotion for that?

Did you try to check the upload folder in wp-config.php? this is not by cyberpanel. Ref https://docs.brainstormforce.com/how-to-define-media-upload-location-in-wp-config-php-file/
Also, try to fix permission in File Manager → Select all files & folders => Fix permission.

Hi I have the same problem I thought it was just me but look for that route and change the permissions to 775 update and verify that those permissions are kept and do not change to 000

Type your comment> @Mac said:

Hi I have the same problem I thought it was just me but look for that route and change the permissions to 775 update and verify that those permissions are kept and do not change to 000

you are fixed that problem?

@thanhti said:
Did you try to check the upload folder in wp-config.php? this is not by cyberpanel. Ref https://docs.brainstormforce.com/how-to-define-media-upload-location-in-wp-config-php-file/
Also, try to fix permission in File Manager → Select all files & folders => Fix permission.

hmm i got: [Errno 28] No space left on device: ‘/home/cyberpanel/7236’ a big problem here

Hello, that problem in theory is due to account permissions and if I get it in both word press and drupal, but only in some other places you don’t have that, in cpanel they fixed it with a command to fix permissions to the account, but here I don’t know how to do it.

I had a similar issue when I mistaken set a low disk space for a package that I assign to a website and I also Enforce Disk Limits. So the following day the owner could not upload photos on the worpress site.

What we ended up doing, at last, was to change the website directory attribute removing the immutable.

If you have access to SSH just run
sudo chattr -i -R /home/website.com

-i => with remove the immutable attribute
-R => will make the command to run recursively throughout the directory

If the above did not work try the command below, which should fix the file permission

cd /home/website.com
sudo chmod -R 644 public_html && sudo find public_html -type d -print0 |xargs -0 sudo chmod 755
1 Like