Error importing WordPress database using phpmyadmin

Hello, I need urgent help!

Recently I exported a few WordPress websites using phpMyadmin for the database and file manager for the files. Without checking, I removed the websites from the server.

Now I have a big problem because the databases give me an error when I try to re-import them because the database didn’t fully export and at the end of each database, I have this line:
“< p>The dynamic response body size is over the limit, the response will be truncated by the web server. The limit is set in the key ‘maxDynRespSize’ located in the tuning section of the server configuration, and labeled ‘max dynamic response body size’.”

How do I fix this so it doesn’t happen again?

Is it possible for me to somehow recover the website data that I deleted?

Hello @p4trk

Your WordPress sql files are invalid for some reason during generation. Check your sql files you may see errors at the end of the files.

Possible solution:

Log into OLS/LS WebAmin Console → Server Configuration > Tuning and adjust Max Dynamic Response Body Size (bytes) - Increase it DO NOT decrease it

Set the limit reasonably low to help identify bad responses. It is not uncommon to malformed scripts to contain an infinite loop which leads to infinity-sized responses.

Thanks for the response. What I posted above:

“The dynamic response body size is over the limit, the response will be truncated by the web server. The limit is set in the key ‘maxDynRespSize’ located in the tuning section of the server configuration, and labeled ‘max dynamic response body size’”

is what is included at the end of each wordpress sql export.

I am assuming that the database is too big so I need to increase the limit. I just don’t know how to do it. Is there a guide on this or an easy step by step?

or is there a better way of exporting a wordpress website to a package for migration?

Check this out https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=change_upload_limit_for_phpmyadmin

Dont forget to run the command systemctl restart lscpd after following said tutorial

I have used WP Database Backup – Unlimited Database & Files Backup by Backup for WP – WordPress plugin | WordPress.org in the past. However, I have seen several professionals use backup plugins instead like https://blogvault.net/

Another good plugin is All-in-One WP Migration

Thank you. In regards to my php.ini file and that guide, that would be for importing and I already set the max import to 512MB as seen in the screenshot

the issue is with exporting and once it reaches some limit it just stops exporting the complete database

For an export you can use phpmyadmin for this like so:

Create a directory for the dump

$ mkdir -m 777 /home/mysql
$ chown -R lscpd:lscpd /home/mysql

Now edit /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

## https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/config.html
/**
 * Directories for saving/loading files from server
 */
$cfg['UploadDir'] = '/home/mysql';
$cfg['SaveDir'] = '';

Then using sFTP download your sql dumps. Depending on your user os you can either install bitvise ssh client for windows or remmina for linux or Termius for all os - Mac included to do this stress-free

1 Like

Thank you Joseph!

Now, is there no way to skip this completely to avoid using console and to make this work straight from phpMyadmin? If not then no big deal.

Now, I keep CyberPanel updated and do all the updates as frequently as possibly but I see now that phpmyadmin is outdated… Should I wait till that is something updated via the CyberPanel update?

If you do not have access to console. You can create a folder in /home/mywordpresswebsite.org and change the /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php using Root File Manager addon to that location. Then use sFTP as advised above

One more quick thing, if I have the digital ocean console open, should I just skip using $ for mkdir because it says command not found for $

Yes run them line by line without the dollar sign

or should I just do sudo

If you are not a sudo user or root user you have to use the sudo for all commands

can I use sudo regardless if I am a sudo user or not? :slight_smile:

also thank you for the help. sorry for being a noob at this :stuck_out_tongue:

also how do I undo this part:
mkdir -m 777 /home/mysql

The following method worked like a charm and I just created a database directory within my main domain for the server :slight_smile:

For an export you can use phpmyadmin for this like so:

Create a directory for the dump

$ mkdir -m 777 /home/mysql

Now edit /usr/local/CyberCP/public/phpmyadmin/config.inc.php

## https://docs.phpmyadmin.net/en/latest/config.html
/**
 * Directories for saving/loading files from server
 */
$cfg['UploadDir'] = '/home/mysql';
$cfg['SaveDir'] = '';

Then using sFTP download your sql dumps. Depending on your user os you can either install bitvise ssh client for windows or remmina for linux or Termius for all os - Mac included to do this stress-free

for this:

do I just go ahead and detele /home/mysql directory?

If you dont want to use it again or you dont need it