Docker is not working anymore with fresh new install

I need help with docker … I actually want to use docker but after fresh install of CyberPanel when I click docker it says docker is not installing and give me Button to install, so I click there to install docker from my CyberPanel Dashboard , but after installing its giving me warning that “” Unable to connect docker daemon, please try restarting docker from service page" but i tried that also from Service page but when I click Start nothing happened … i tried in both Centos 7 and Ubuntu VPS Server but same results, then I tried to restart docker using command # systemctl start docker from ssh but again getting another warning “Job for docker.service canceled.”

then this command also # systemctl status docker.service

and got this :

[root@gcp ~]# systemctl status docker.service
● docker.service - Docker Application Container Engine
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/docker.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Mon 2019-10-21 20:10:15 CEST; 1min 56s ago
Docs: https://docs.docker.com
Process: 737674 ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd -H fd:// --containerd=/run/containerd/containerd.sock (code=exited, status=205/LIMITS)
Main PID: 737674 (code=exited, status=205/LIMITS)

Oct 21 20:10:15 gcp.bitbytecloud.com systemd[1]: Starting Docker Application Container Engine…
Oct 21 20:10:15 gcp.bitbytecloud.com systemd[1]: docker.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=205/LIMITS
Oct 21 20:10:15 gcp.bitbytecloud.com systemd[1]: Stopped Docker Application Container Engine.
Oct 21 20:10:15 gcp.bitbytecloud.com systemd[1]: Unit docker.service entered failed state.
Oct 21 20:10:15 gcp.bitbytecloud.com systemd[1]: docker.service failed.

I tried many times even reinstalling vps server again and again but the same results everytime …

Is it OpenVZ?

I’m having the same problem.

Installed CyberPanel using Digital Ocean’s one-click installer. Docker won’t start because containerd won’t start. The containerd errors with:

Oct 23 17:36:55 cyberpanel systemd[7030]: containerd.service: Failed to adjust resource limit LimitNOFILE: Operation not permitted
Oct 23 17:36:55 cyberpanel systemd[7030]: containerd.service: Failed at step LIMITS spawning /sbin/modprobe: Operation not permitted

Is it OpenVZ?

No, This is KVM and to inform you that I have tried Digitalocean , Vultr also but got the same problem every time with a fresh install of CyberPanel

I am wondering why nobody facing the issue Or they did not interested in Docker so they are not giving try installing docker so they don’t know that this is a problem.

any news on how to fix this?

I will take a look and get back soon.

I will take a look and get back soon.

Waiting for your response on docker issue

Please change the entry in:
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/docker.service
with:
LimitNOFILE=1048576
on:
LimitNOFILE=ulimit
Restart:
systemctl restart docker.service
And check if it works.

Hi!
This problem also exists for me. Im just a new Digitalocean User, and I can not migrate my docker environment, since Docker on CyberPanel fails to launch.
This happens for docker-ce which comes with cyberpanel as well with manual tried docker-ee in both cases systems is reporting error:205/Limits.

The upper workaround from Nencio didn’t work for me.
In /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/docker.service
there is no LimitNOFILE=1048576 nor LimitNOFILE=ulimit
its called LimitNOFILE=infinity.
However I have tried with both lines Nencio is menting, but the error message is not changing at all.
Of course I did systemctl restart docker.service after changing the systemd file.

Would be cool if someone finds and share a solution for this docker problem. I really like CyberPanel and would be a pain to look for an alternative backend, just to this minor error. :frowning:

Best Regards!

I did not want to work after installing CyberPanel and installing it by Docker.
I changed to such settings and it started working:
`[Unit]
Description=Docker Application Container Engine
Documentation=http://docs.docker.com
After=network.target
Wants=docker-storage-setup.service
Requires=docker-cleanup.timer

[Service]
Type=notify
NotifyAccess=main
EnvironmentFile=-/run/containers/registries.conf
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/docker
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/docker-storage
EnvironmentFile=-/etc/sysconfig/docker-network
Environment=GOTRACEBACK=crash
Environment=DOCKER_HTTP_HOST_COMPAT=1
Environment=PATH=/usr/libexec/docker:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin
ExecStart=/usr/bin/dockerd-current \
–add-runtime docker-runc=/usr/libexec/docker/docker-runc-current \
–default-runtime=docker-runc \
–exec-opt native.cgroupdriver=systemd \
–userland-proxy-path=/usr/libexec/docker/docker-proxy-current \
–init-path=/usr/libexec/docker/docker-init-current \
–seccomp-profile=/etc/docker/seccomp.json \
$OPTIONS \
$DOCKER_STORAGE_OPTIONS \
$DOCKER_NETWORK_OPTIONS \
$ADD_REGISTRY \
$BLOCK_REGISTRY \
$INSECURE_REGISTRY \
$REGISTRIES
ExecReload=/bin/kill -s HUP $MAINPID
#LimitNOFILE=1048576
LimitNOFILE=ulimit
LimitNPROC=1048576
LimitCORE=infinity
TimeoutStartSec=0
Restart=on-abnormal
KillMode=process

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target
`

Hi again!

This modified systems-file won’t do its job either for me. :frowning:

…starting from scratch I have tried to troubleshoot this myself now, and well. I did have success :slight_smile:

Actually Nencio’s first posted guess was correct if you mention this litte but essential difference:

I assume by mistake in the rush, Nenico just quoted a wrong file-location of the systemd-file which needs edited:

Please change the entry in: `/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/docker.service`

But the correct one file is:
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/containerd.service
Please note the .service

…There is now expected line LimitNOFILE=1048576 which needs to be edited into
LimitNOFILE=ulimit -n

followed by
systemctl daemon-reload
and
systemctl restart docker.service
the Docker service is now running and manageable through CyberPanel. Yay.

Nenico thanks for investigating and help. For me its solved. :slight_smile:

It depends on the system. I have CyberPanel installed on Centos and a docker installed in CyberPanel. It works with and without the -n option.